Floor jack lift under Bafang Ultra motor?

I need another u-bolt or two in my ceiling.
Then my bike won't be dangling from a single point.

Last edited:
I bolted a U-bolt to the rafters above my ceiling.
A pair of tie-down straps are plenty strong enough to support my entire 70-80 pound ebike.
A strap at either end gets the whole ebike in the air
I use the "lift" mostly to get either end at a more comfortable working level, so that I don't have to bend over.

View attachment 149600View attachment 149601
I ended up with this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EUL2DO/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s02?ie=UTF8&th=1
71GqiUK392L._AC_SX679_.jpg
As your setup.. I much prefer the straps over just hooks it gives you many more attachment points especially to the frame without worrying about the display, suspension or cables.
I laced it with just one rope as most bike lifts so it's easier to lift evenly. Nice having the drive train near eyelevel when standing

If you set up this bracket,..

Screenshot_20230409-172420_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Like this,..

Screenshot_20230409-171859_DuckDuckGo.jpg

You would get more leverage and the rope will be easier to pull.

Your pulley is static now and not helping you lift.

Happy Easter.
I have set up like that is glued screwed and lag bolted in my garage. Mine is Manuel lift tho. I plan on putting hand crank or motorized it with a makita screw gun that I rarely use. I use military grade paracord. It's not cheap anymore with all the stainless steel hardware.
I had a custom steel plate made up, welded the bracket to it then screwed and glued before encasing it in concrete.... I hope it holds 🙃

Back