Flat tube on inside pointing to rim? new ebike

yeah not sure what they plan on replacing yet, still havent heard back. I filed down the welding point, much smoother now. I also filed down the holes around the problem area. The current rim tape is 16mm, i bought the Velox 16mm and also 19mm, i have my old bike that needs new tape also so if the 19mm is too big i will try it on my old bike. I feel like the 16mm is just enough to cover the holes, maybe the 19mm couldn't hurt with a little extra protection?

I also purchased a better pump to keep on me, and another pump that is battery operated and rechargeable. I also ordered flatout , and after i install the Tannus armor i will decide if i want to use it or not in that or maybe just my other e-bike. Thanks for all the replies.
I took a one patch old tube, and made a band to cover the rim. I put this under the stock rim band. Cut the old tube to make a new band. Glue the ends of the tube together with about 2 inch overlap pulled mildly tight. Glue just like putting a patch on a tube.

Yes indeed very happy camper, 2500 miles and no flat. The rim for sure came with burrs in a few of the holes and especially at the welding point, i filed them down as suggested and i had no flats since. I went with a slightly larger tire and the tannus armor installed much easier than before.

Yes indeed very happy camper, 2500 miles and no flat. The rim for sure came with burrs in a few of the holes and especially at the welding point, i filed them down as suggested and i had no flats since. I went with a slightly larger tire and the tannus armor installed much easier than before.
I too, had to dremel the weld due to a couple of burs on the rear.

Back