Flashing Purple Light Error 197 DIY Battery Extender.

PJ1944

Region
Australia
The story so far, this is my friends bike, a copy of mine with a 4.4 amp hour battery connected through the charge cable, mine has been operating for months without a problem. I tend to ride mainly in level 1, level 2, regularly and level 3 occasionally. My friend tends to use level 3 heavily which depletes the bike battery and created a big difference in volts. After we stopped for a coffee and continued the ride his bike went into the flashing purple light, error 197 which is over charge probably because of the big diff in voltage. Usually it is expected that leaving the battery rest for a while will clear the error and the battery can be charged but this time the error has continued and apparently can't be cleared and the dealer says the battery has to be replaced. Anyone know of way around this problem?

Sorry for my naïve question: Has not the problem been created just because the extender battery was DIY?

Don't think so, I see a number of posts from those with the factory set up with problems. I have run the same system for months without an issue

Back