Fitting a 54 tooth front chain ring

Hi JC Fat tire cruiser,
1500 watts will get you over 30 and then some...Looking good Miyagi!
I just ordered a 52t crankset and new pedals. Hope that's a good number for better cadence with overall cruising and a better workout. Ordered some grips too. “

I’m actually very happy with the performance of the stock 750watt setup...Wow, did I just say that out loud?!? Lol.
The pedals and crank set you’ve picked will look bitchen. This bike has taken on a life of it’s own and becoming as much fun modifying as it is riding very much like a less expensive Hot-Rod.

so glad I found EBR, Besides the fender + rear rack upgrad which is coming in Monday, I had been thinking
of upgrading the chainring (funny we used to call them sprockets) and the answers to my questions in regard to this upgrade are right here. Thank you to all tha make this possible.

Glad you found this place too JesPin0803. Lots of great info in these threads. I think the term sprockets
may have come from the motorcycle world and the bicycle folks call um chainrings.
Cheers and safe rides...

Season's Greetings fellow cruisers,

After the installation of the suspension fork and reassembly, I took her for a quick test ride in the middle school parking lot and was not able to wind her back up to the previous 32mph. Very disappointed, I returned to the garage, completely tore down the bike, repacked bearings, reinstalled the old rigid fork tubes, aired up the tires to a very hard 35psi., rode back to the parking lot and again could only muster a 26.5mph run. Bummed out!! My daughter suggested I reinstall my forks, load the bikes into the truck and return to the exact spot where we attained the top speed run. Looking back, I hadn’t realized this huge parking lot is at a slight downward slant allowing the bike to again hit the 31.5mph top end. So in conclusion, the larger front crank set will not increase the top end speed on flat ground but will allow a slower crank speed in 7th. gear cruising on the flats. May be looking forward to a 1500watt rear hub drive conversion...!
"Jus need more power"

CtdoQHl.jpg

wow that looks incredible. I'm ordering my Cheetah in about a week, I hadn't realized all the modding capabilities. Mostly I just hoped I could find handgrips that fit as I'm not crazy about the stock brown leather ones.

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement! Modding the Cheetah is a lot like a less expensive
Hot Rod or Motorcycle. It's all up to your imagination and personal tastes. Make it your own and enjoy every minute...

looks like the magic search words are: 90MM+130MM bike grips (left is longer, right is shorter) , though I don't know the diameter of the bars, many of the grips I see are 7/8's, or around 22.2mm so maybe that's a standard or universal diameter.

Back