First up........LOVE my new Bulls E-stream FS3 27.5

hikingdad

This is the best ebike I've ridden and I have owned and/ or built 6 ebikes over 12 years ( all trottles). The full suspension is great....the battery is removable in seconds....and the battery is 17.5 aHrs....650whrs...50lbs.... MSRP $4600. LOVE IT

Before you spend $6000 on the Specialized, or get a Haibike, check out the BULLS. Super quiet. I tried all the major mid drive ebikes....(I demoed Haibikes with Bosch CX, Yamaha and Specialized Levo w/ Brose). E-stream FS3 27.5 is the quietest ....more hillclimbing torque than the Bosch CX or Yamaha IMO.

I just did a major uphill, rocky, banked switchback trail and it blew me away with the smooth torque sensor and balance/weight distribution. It felt like I was magnetically held on the trail as I was climbing rocks, effortlessly. Less wheelie prone. On the flats, you determine how much assist and just cruise.....but you must always pedal to keep the assist working. Brakes are incredible.

I'm 60 with two bad knees, so I know instantly when the pedal resistance is causing too much pain. Usually level 2 is the best on the trails. There is a "sweet spot" in certain gears at certain speeds for the cadence and torque sensing. It took a day or two to find it, and once I did, the steep climbing is effortless.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the best ebike I've ridden and I have owned and/ or built 6 ebikes over 12 years ( all trottles). The full suspension is great....the battery is removable in seconds....and the battery is 17.5 aHrs....650whrs...50lbs.... MSRP $4600. LOVE IT

Before you spend $6000 on the Specialized, or get a Haibike, check out the BULLS. Super quiet. I tried all the major mid drive ebikes....(I demoed Haibikes with Bosch CX, Yamaha and Specialized Levo w/ Brose). E-stream FS3 27.5 is the quietest ....more hillclimbing torque than the Bosch CX or Yamaha IMO.

I just did a major uphill, rocky, banked switchback trail and it blew me away with the smooth torque sensor and balance/weight distribution. It felt like I was magnetically held on the trail as I was climbing rocks, effortlessly. Less wheelie prone. On the flats, you determine how much assist and just cruise.....but you must always pedal to keep the assist working. Brakes are incredible.

I'm 60 with two bad knees, so I know instantly when the pedal resistance is causing too much pain. Usually level 2 is the best on the trails. There is a "sweet spot" in certain gears at certain speeds for the cadence and torque sensing. It took a day or two to find it, and once I did, the steep climbing is effortless.
My Bulls Outlaw E45 ships Tuesday. I agree Bulls appears to be the new leader in components for the money. Speed bikes with big batteries and top of the line equipment.

I can't wait to try mine!

Last edited by a moderator:
Riding this E-stream EVO was like "Bikegasm". Really enjoy the quiet and smooth power delivery.

I'm trying to import a Speed pedelec version and with a 640Whr battery, that's going to be a blast to ride.

Nice to hear. I'm in the process of getting an ebike and torn between the Bulls E-stream fs3 and the Specialized Turbo Levo. I did demo the Levo HT and was very pleased. Couldn't get my hands on the Bulls FS3 but any feedback on comparisons would be appreciated.

I've riden both , and would be happy with either. The Levo seems to be a tad superior , only because of all the app inputs. You can even check tire pressure with the app ! LBS is having Levo trail demo rides soon , and will get back with experience.

Nice to hear. I'm in the process of getting an ebike and torn between the Bulls E-stream fs3 and the Specialized Turbo Levo. I did demo the Levo HT and was very pleased. Couldn't get my hands on the Bulls FS3 but any feedback on comparisons would be appreciated.
Owned Spec Turbo Levo FSR since Jan and sold it the day after I test drove a Bulls FS 3 27.5+. The Spec is a half day bike, the Bulls a full day bike. Look at the battery specs. Also prefer the Bulls in many other ways- fit, travel, drivetrain, controller, wheels, geometry, keylock, bb height. So good!

I'm getting close to buying an E-Stream EVO 45 and I'm wondering if you have any feedback on what size to get or what size you have and how you like it? I'm 5'11" with a 31" inseam in pants or a 33" inseam using the book all the way up to your crotch method to measure where the seat would be with no shoes on...

Thank you!

After getting on on the first Radrovers from Rad Power Bikes almost 2 years ago, I broke my piggy bank and just bought this :
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I am very excited! Does anybody have the same bike or had a chance to try it ?

I've got the similar E-Stream Enduro and absolutely love it. Bought it about 6 months after getting a Haibike Xduro FS RC. The Haibike has been relegated to a "buddy bike" since getting the Brose powered Bulls...

After getting on on the first Radrovers from Rad Power Bikes almost 2 years ago, I broke my piggy bank and just bought this :

It's a very nice bike. My main gripe with the previous year model was that it did not have rack mounting points. So, I could not convert the 29er into a commuter. But, for 2017, they have solved that problem.
The bike looks great in person.

Check out this video:

You're gong to love it, truly a new more natural riding experience. My radrover is up on Craigslist, haven't rode it in a year, just maintained the battery!

I've got two of these on the way...a 41cm for my wife, and a 49cm for me. We're SO excited to get out and ride. Thanks Ravi for your help and recommending these awesome bikes to us. I'll post a few photos once we get them set up.

Last edited:
Wow Paul, looks like I am following your steps :)

Yeah I remember talking about the Radrover at the time! Back then there were like 2 fat options from the bigger ebike companies - guess we were a little impatient, look at the landscape now - and they are charging the same or close prices as non-fat bikes as well. It is actually quite amazing how much the industry has progressed in the last 2 years as well - the big brands are really refined, and the value brands are emerging and competing a ton for that sub-$2k market.

Have you received your bulls yet? It is SUCH a nice bike. I wish I had gotten the plus version, but I'm not losing sleep over it. I'm also probably getting an easy motion evo 27.5 Pro+ (the new one with the thru axle hub motor and 600wh battery) - BH bikes go a few miles over 20mph when pedaling - I've owned a BH before and really liked it, and plan to use this for commuting home several days a week (maybe more...but its 27 miles one way; going to take the bus in the morning, ride home at night).

Funny thing over the last 2 days - I had just the radrover up for sale on craigslist, but planned on selling my haibike as well afterward (haibike is super nice, but I rode it again 2 weeks ago and just don't think I'd go back to it now that I have the bulls). Long story short, I mentioned the haibike to one guy who inquired about the radrover...turns out he wanted to test the waters with the radrover but really wanted a mid-drive...so he bought the haibike instead and I had another buyer already lined up for the radrover the same night - sold them both this morning!

Yeah I remember talking about the Radrover at the time! Back then there were like 2 fat options from the bigger ebike companies - guess we were a little impatient, look at the landscape now - and they are charging the same or close prices as non-fat bikes as well. It is actually quite amazing how much the industry has progressed in the last 2 years as well - the big brands are really refined, and the value brands are emerging and competing a ton for that sub-$2k market.

Have you received your bulls yet? It is SUCH a nice bike. I wish I had gotten the plus version, but I'm not losing sleep over it. I'm also probably getting an easy motion evo 27.5 Pro+ (the new one with the thru axle hub motor and 600wh battery) - BH bikes go a few miles over 20mph when pedaling - I've owned a BH before and really liked it, and plan to use this for commuting home several days a week (maybe more...but its 27 miles one way; going to take the bus in the morning, ride home at night).

Funny thing over the last 2 days - I had just the radrover up for sale on craigslist, but planned on selling my haibike as well afterward (haibike is super nice, but I rode it again 2 weeks ago and just don't think I'd go back to it now that I have the bulls). Long story short, I mentioned the haibike to one guy who inquired about the radrover...turns out he wanted to test the waters with the radrover but really wanted a mid-drive...so he bought the haibike instead and I had another buyer already lined up for the radrover the same night - sold them both this morning!
Congrats on the quick sale !!

I've got two of these on the way...a 41cm for my wife, and a 49cm for me. We're SO excited to get out and ride. Thanks Ravi for your help and recommending these awesome bikes to us. I'll post a few photos once we get them set up.

Hello Oilerlord- Exited to see these bikes at the upcoming bike expo in my area. I hope to test ride and purchase for both me and my wife also. When you get them, I would like to see a photo of them both together if possible. I also ride the 41cm. Congrats on your new bike purchase! Enjoy!:);)

Hikingdad,
Now that you have had the Bulls for a year, how are you liking it. Can you share sizing information? How it fits? Any learnings that might help those of us shopping for this bike?
Thanks.

I'm getting close to buying an E-Stream EVO 45 and I'm wondering if you have any feedback on what size to get or what size you have and how you like it? I'm 5'11" with a 31" inseam in pants or a 33" inseam using the book all the way up to your crotch method to measure where the seat would be with no shoes on...

Thank you!
5'11 / 34" inseam - 49cm E-Stream Evo FS3 27.5+ is perfect. Note- running slightly taller Maxxis Chronicle 27.5 x 3's.

Back