First impressions - Juggernaut Ultra

JimE

My wife and I just received two Juggernaut Ultras from Roshan. We’ll use the bikes on old logging roads to get to hiking trailheads. Wow – that’s my first impression. Tons of power, quiet and good handling. The Ultra is heavyweight but feels light under power. All the components seem very well matched. The Mozzo front fork is not the most sophisticated but works well. The torque sensor is great – very natural feel. There is a slight lag when you stop pedalling – the power stays on for an extra second – not good if you need to slow for a corner but I found that if I back pedal a small amount, I can control when the power stops.

The delivery packing is excellent with heavy cardboard and lots of foam. Since no instructions are included with the Ultra, here are a few assembly tips for other new Ultra owners.

You’ll need a multi-tool if you don’t have one already.

The handlebar stem is shipped facing backward. Loosen and turn 180 degrees.

We found that if you tip the stem up, it’s easier to fasten the handlebar.

The packing foam in the shape of an open box works well as a support under the handlebar when you tip the bike upside down to install front wheel. Otherwise the controller will be crushed.

Install the front fender through the fork from the front. The metal tab goes in front of the fork along with the light.

One pedal is right hand thread, the other is left hand thread – but you knew that already.

If front brake rubs, loosen quick release, squeeze front brake, hold and re-tighten the quick release to center the wheel – but you knew that too.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review. I have one of the original Juggernauts with the BBS02, and while I love it, the Ultra looks very tempting.

My wife and I just received two Juggernaut Ultras from Roshan. We’ll use the bikes on old logging roads to get to hiking trailheads. Wow – that’s my first impression. Tons of power, quiet and good handling. The Ultra is heavyweight but feels light under power. All the components seem very well matched. The Mozzo front fork is not the most sophisticated but works well. The torque sensor is great – very natural feel. There is a slight lag when you stop pedalling – the power stays on for an extra second – not good if you need to slow for a corner but I found that if I back pedal a small amount, I can control when the power stops.

The delivery packing is excellent with heavy cardboard and lots of foam. Since no instructions are included with the Ultra, here are a few assembly tips for other new Ultra owners.

The packing foam in the shape of an open box works well as a support under the handlebar when you tip the bike upside down to install front wheel. Otherwise the controller will be crushed.

Install the front fender through the fork from the front. The metal tab goes in front of the fork along with the light.

One pedal is right hand thread, the other is left hand thread – but you knew that already.

If front brake rubs, loosen quick release, squeeze front brake, hold and re-tighten the quick release to center the wheel – but you knew that too.

Thanks for the post. I'm very excited to receive mine next week. I got the 48V 20ah battery.

Another assembly tip - two power cables are unattached on delivery. They are colour coded but there is a very small keyway inside the cables. You have to line up the key and keyway to make it easy to push the cable ends together.

The tires have shraeder valves and come inflated to 12 psi which seems a good pressure for comfort and low rolling resistance.

The new Bafang motor is so quiet that all I hear is the knobs on the tires hitting the road. It's such a pleasure to have no electric motor whine while you ride.

Attached are a few photos of the new Ultra.

Attachments

• UltraBack.jpg
    UltraBack.jpg
    628.7 KB · Views: 1,131
  • UltraCockpit.jpg
    UltraCockpit.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 1,119
  • UltraFront.jpg
    UltraFront.jpg
    538.8 KB · Views: 1,074
  • UltraMotor.jpg
    UltraMotor.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 1,141

Interesting the frame on your bike looks so much like the M2S fat tire frames and the battery pack looks to be the same too. Wonder if I could get a bigger battery that they offer for my M2S ?

Interesting the frame on your bike looks so much like the M2S fat tire frames and the battery pack looks to be the same too. Wonder if I could get a bigger battery that they offer for my M2S ?
It should fit your M2S. Could you take the battery out and measure the length of the battery? I can then confirm fitment :)

Estimated delivery date: October 17
Did you have to sign for it or will Fed Ex leave it at your door? Roshan has replied to all my emails at all hours of the day and night- which is nice.

Another assembly tip - two power cables are unattached on delivery. They are colour coded but there is a very small keyway inside the cables. You have to line up the key and keyway to make it easy to push the cable ends together.

The tires have shraeder valves and come inflated to 12 psi which seems a good pressure for comfort and low rolling resistance.

The new Bafang motor is so quiet that all I hear is the knobs on the tires hitting the road. It's such a pleasure to have no electric motor whine while you ride.

Attached are a few photos of the new Ultra.
Did you add that bell or did it come with it? or is that not a bell on the left?Thanks for the picks.

Estimated delivery date: October 17
Did you have to sign for it or will Fed Ex leave it at your door? Roshan has replied to all my emails at all hours of the day and night- which is nice.
You'll need to sign for it :)

They will also hold it at their depot for 5 days and alternatively, you can schedule a second delivery if you're not available during the first.

Holidays, weekends, international shipping all takes time. 10 days works for me.

For the past week, my FedEx tracker has shown it would be here Monday, October 16. However, my Ultra was loaded on the truck just one city away at 6:05am this morning and the tracker changed to arriving today. But it never showed. I guess they loaded the truck for their Monday deliveries. Dang it!!!

Back