First impressions - Juggernaut Ultra

Is it not strange that there are different types of connections on both sides? Is that just Chinese manufacturing or is there a reason for that?
It is indeed strange. The sample that Mozzo sent us had Allen on both ends. They decided to change it on the production order and this really messed us up. The delay in fixing this would be a few weeks. Hence we left it as is. It's tough to get Chinese factories stick to spec. Even though we're speaking to them almost every day.

She is all dressed up and ready to go!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1272.JPG
    IMG_1272.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 584
It is indeed strange. The sample that Mozzo sent us had Allen on both ends. They decided to change it on the production order and this really messed us up. The delay in fixing this would be a few weeks. Hence we left it as is. It's tough to get Chinese factories stick to spec. Even though we're speaking to them almost every day.

Well, now I do not feel so dumb! Bike came this AM, first I forgot to turn the handlebars around even though I recalled reading about that step on the forum. Too excited I guess. Then after not being able to put the front fender on I rode it without the front fender. I found myself saying out loud "wow this is fun" and it was.
I will ride to the hardware store tomorrow and get the right size tool to get the "bolt with a round edge - and no place for pliers to fit around" off for the front fender.
PS I did email Roshan and he replied light lighting as usual and answered my questions. Customer service is great and I don't think I would get the same from the other companies I was researching.

I changed the display to imperial/MPH, but the clock is military only (right?).

Bike looks badass(that is good) - and the performance amazing , it was great to ride. In level 5 it wants to take off from a standstill.
PS FedEx just left it on the side of the house - no signature, which was a good thing even though I was inside waiting. I pedaled up the hill of my commute as if it was flat road. I did add a brighter front light. Too early to review the light but if you want the link from amazon let me know. I am happy with it so far, plenty bright and fits the bike nicely.

As a complete novice and not that handy, I think instructions would be nice for future buyers. or update the video to be much more clear on the front tire and turning the handlebars around. This bolt thing was an annoying hic-up but would rather have the bike then wait weeks for a bolt - not the end of the world. Very happy on day 1.

what tool did you use for the "bolt" what size MM? thanks Coach!

If I remember correctly, I was able to loosen it with pliers then just hand loosened it out. All my wrenches were too thick to get in under the circular piece on top of the bolt. It seemed to me that the bolt was upside down in the bottom of the fork so I turned it "right side up" and was then able to get a wrench on it to tighten.

I will ride to the hardware store tomorrow and get the right size tool to get the "bolt with a round edge - and no place for pliers to fit around" off for the front fender.

So I figured out that the reason the bolt has a round edge at the top and you cannot get a wrench in there is because the edge is the flange on the bottom of the bolt and when screwed into the fork upside down, is messing us up. I think TForan had same issue.

So I figured out that the reason the bolt has a round edge at the top and you cannot get a wrench in there is because the edge is the flange on the bottom of the bolt and when screwed into the fork upside down, is messing us up. I think TForan had same issue.

Yup, I had the same problem. Whatever that was used inside the shock has been displaced. Have you talked to Roshan ? He has a solution to the problem. Or you could install a threaded insert with a threaded bolt with enough exposure for the brace.

The one on the right uses allen. Here is a side picture of the one on the left. And of course the right and left is when looking down on the fork with bike upside down.
The bolt may have dropped out. It's a standard metric capscrew unlike the hex key bolt on the other side. Look in the bottom of the crate to see if you can find the bolt. Otherwise you should be able to find a replacement metric capscrew in local auto parts store.

Looks like a great bike ... can anyone report on top speed, range in highest pedal assist level, etc.?

I've had mine up to around 25 mph and I'm sure it go faster but that's enough for me on a fat tire bike. Top speed is secondary to torque and climbing ability.

I also don't usually use above 2 0r 3 on the assist. I still want the exercise.

Starting uphill from a stop

One of the true joys of the Ultra is the ability to start uphill. On our old mountain bikes we often can’t get pedalling from a stop going up our steep local logging roads, even in the lowest gear. If the road is wide enough, we have to start downhill and do a u-turn. But that often resulted in a spill into the nearest ditch. On many occasions we had to walk the bikes up the hill to a flat to get pedalling. With the Ultra, sit firmly on the seat, push on the pedal and the torque sensor kicks in and bingo, you are headed up the road. If the road is really steep, you can use the thumb throttle to get going but you have to be holding on tightly and with all your weight on the saddle or the bike has enough power to kick you off.

Last edited:
Starting uphill from a stop

One of the true joys of an electric bike and the Ultra in particular is the ability to start uphill. On our old mountain bikes we often can’t get pedalling from a stop going up our steep local logging roads, even in the lowest gear. If the road is wide enough, we have to start downhill and do a u-turn. But that often resulted in a spill into the nearest ditch. On many occasions we had to walk the bikes up the hill to a flat to get pedalling. With the Ultra, sit firmly on the seat, push on the pedal and the torque sensor kicks in and bingo, you are headed up the road. If the road is really steep, you can use the thumb throttle to get going but you have to be holding on tightly and with all your weight on the saddle or the bike has enough power to kick you off.

I agree with TForan, the Ultra is a hill-climbing beast, not a racer, a fast Kenworth, not a Ferrari. I've had mine to 30 km/hr downhill and all I could think about was - can I stop?

I sure could get by without the thumb throttle. It's probably part of the Bafang Ultra package. If you had it in top boost and nailed that throttle, you better hold on!

Back