First day with my new Turbo Levo FSR Comp 6 Fattie

ragtopjoek

Hi Everyone, a funny thing happened at my Specialized dealer. I went in to order a Turbo X or Turbo S and could not make up my mind on which one to get. I test drove the Turbo S in late March and have thought about it almost every day since. It is a sweet ebike, but I wanted at least a front suspension fork on it and asked them if they could come up with a front fork for it. They suggested that I get the Turbo X, but I kept looking at the Turbo Levo that was leaning against the counter. The big tires with massive brakes and the matt black paint was calling out to me. The full suspension screamed this is for you Joe, try me out. So I talked to the mechanic about it and asked if I could add a rack on the back, he said no. I asked if I could add fenders on it, he said no. I said where is the control panel or speedometer, he said you have to use your smartphone. I asked about the top speed and he said about 17mph. Oh man, slower than my turtle, but I'll take it for a ride. The mechanic checked the bike over and explained how it worked and I was off. I was pedaling, going forward and all I could hear was the bike's tires, the motor was smooth and quiet. I went downhill hitting speed bumps a lot faster than I did with the Turbo S. At the end of the road I was able to go off road with ease, I would have been struggling with my Trek Hybrid bike. I drove around testing the brakes and gears, thinking about the places it could take me that the Turbo X or S couldn't. The owner of the shop made me a sweet deal, he thru in a kuat NV2 rack and gave me a discount on a new helmet, fatty tire pump and suspension pump. When I got home the bike had 3 solid bars and the 4th was blinking when I plugged it in. Three and half hours later the battery was charged and I download the Mission Control app, registered the bike and learned some of the functions of the app. Let the Adventure begin!

TurboLevoLeaning01.jpg

Congratulations! Very nice, it's a beautiful bike. There are some clip on fenders by SKS that work on FS bikes that will give you some protection from mud and water. Browse their site, you might find something that works.

http://www.sks-germany.com/en/

Like J.R. Said there are things you can get from SKS or Mucky Nutz(?) that will easily fit the bill. I currently have the rear Mucky Nutz which works great but can sometimes get hung up on the tire which is bad. I'm so jelly!

Congratulations! Very nice, it's a beautiful bike. There are some clip on fenders by SKS that work on FS bikes that will give you some protection from mud and water. Browse their site, you might find something that works.

http://www.sks-germany.com/en/
Thanks for the link. I'll go over the different products and now know that I have a few options for fenders. Since Mission Control uses my smartphone, I'll be checking out my local bike shops to see what I can get to hold the phone on the bike.

As a Turbo X rider, I am jealous of your full suspension kit =). As a commuter, the X is fine, but it is in no way an off-road bike. I think you made a good choice.

As a Turbo X rider, I am jealous of your full suspension kit =). As a commuter, the X is fine, but it is in no way an off-road bike. I think you made a good choice.
I was leaning toward getting the Turbo X because of it's suspension. If the dealer had one in stock and no Turbo Levo, I would have bought it. I hike a lot and when I see guys on their full suspension MTB on the trails I try to get their opinions on them and almost everyone points out full suspension bikes are more comfortable. I have a very comfortable Trek Hybrid bike and was not settling for anything less comfy. I had a great ride, on and off the road today, the Turbo Levo was a good choice for me.

@ragtopjoek The worst part of my rides is that it seems road designers think bike paths are the perfect place to put manhole covers :mad:. I've knocked a pannier or two off my bike hitting some of those. Thudbuster won't help with that! I'm usually pretty good at remembering where the really bad ones are, but every now and then I hit them dead on. The 50mm travel on my X front fork soaks it up well, then BAM! Ah well. This time around I couldn't justify the cost of a FS Levo, but maybe next round.

@ragtopjoek The worst part of my rides is that it seems road designers think bike paths are the perfect place to put manhole covers :mad:. I've knocked a pannier or two off my bike hitting some of those. Thudbuster won't help with that! I'm usually pretty good at remembering where the really bad ones are, but every now and then I hit them dead on. The 50mm travel on my X front fork soaks it up well, then BAM! Ah well. This time around I couldn't justify the cost of a FS Levo, but maybe next round.

I like to remember the bad sections of the roads I travel on. I also take note of broken glass on the road and will go back and clean it up. Been doing that for over 20 years. On the Turbo Levo I raised the handlebar a few inches up and changed the seat to a Schwinn comfortable model. It made the world of a difference. I can hardly believe it. The suspension continues to amaze me, I absolutely love it. The mid-drive motor is wining me over too, it is so quiet and smooth when it engages. I am thinking about removing the stock tires and installing Schwalbe SUPER MOTO-X tires. I will be able to use psi pressures from 20 psi to 55 psi. It should roll a lot better on the road and still be good for the dirt roads I go on.

Love it! I picked up an S-Works Turbo Levo about a month ago... it's been amazing. I've never loved a bike so much, or had as much fun! (let alone spent as much on one!)

Love it! I picked up an S-Works Turbo Levo about a month ago... it's been amazing. I've never loved a bike so much, or had as much fun! (let alone spent as much on one!)
I know what you mean. I am still loving my Turbo Levo, but I would like to be able to go faster than 18 mph. The only thing I don't like is my dealer just sold his bicycle business. I didn't see that coming. I hope I will be able to get my Levo repaired if it breaks down.

Well you're in luck... you can easily unlock more speed with power. I did it, it works! Only issue is if you like seeing the speed in the mission control app, the speed is now obviously off! Otherwise, if you don't care about the indicated speed, then you're all set! Enjoy the extra speed!

In summary to those curious about changing limit on Turbo LEVO FSR (abbreviated in English):

- Downloald "LightBlue" app on iPhone or Android (these instruction based on iPhone version)
- Scroll down to second to last UUID: 0000000002-000
- Select "Write new value"
- Type in: 02002003
- Click "DONE"
- Turn off battery and close app
- Reboot battery, open Specialized App, verify wheel size says 800MM now

Well you're in luck... you can easily unlock more speed with power. I did it, it works! Only issue is if you like seeing the speed in the mission control app, the speed is now obviously off! Otherwise, if you don't care about the indicated speed, then you're all set! Enjoy the extra speed!

Looks like an interesting code change. I don't know if I want to change the speed in the mission control app. I will think about it. Just wondering, what was your increase in speed after doing that?

There's really no computer controlled limit at that point... just the limit of the motor. I don't think it does much after 28-30 MPH if I had to guess.

Keep in mind, this is 100% reversible! At any time, you just hit "Return to factory defaults" in the mission control app, and it's like it never happened. So try it out!

Hi Everyone, a funny thing happened at my Specialized dealer. I went in to order a Turbo X or Turbo S and could not make up my mind on which one to get. I test drove the Turbo S in late March and have thought about it almost every day since. It is a sweet ebike, but I wanted at least a front suspension fork on it and asked them if they could come up with a front fork for it. They suggested that I get the Turbo X, but I kept looking at the Turbo Levo that was leaning against the counter. The big tires with massive brakes and the matt black paint was calling out to me. The full suspension screamed this is for you Joe, try me out. So I talked to the mechanic about it and asked if I could add a rack on the back, he said no. I asked if I could add fenders on it, he said no. I said where is the control panel or speedometer, he said you have to use your smartphone. I asked about the top speed and he said about 17mph. Oh man, slower than my turtle, but I'll take it for a ride. The mechanic checked the bike over and explained how it worked and I was off. I was pedaling, going forward and all I could hear was the bike's tires, the motor was smooth and quiet. I went downhill hitting speed bumps a lot faster than I did with the Turbo S. At the end of the road I was able to go off road with ease, I would have been struggling with my Trek Hybrid bike. I drove around testing the brakes and gears, thinking about the places it could take me that the Turbo X or S couldn't. The owner of the shop made me a sweet deal, he thru in a kuat NV2 rack and gave me a discount on a new helmet, fatty tire pump and suspension pump. When I got home the bike had 3 solid bars and the 4th was blinking when I plugged it in. Three and half hours later the battery was charged and I download the Mission Control app, registered the bike and learned some of the functions of the app. Let the Adventure begin!

View attachment 9698

Wow this is an awesome bike dude! Are they around 5 Gs? I was also looking at the Turbo X, but now I am sold on this bike! Thanks in advan

I paid $5500 US dollars, which is the current price. For me the bike has exceeded my expectations. It has a smooth ride with the full suspension. I can climb the hills with ease. I ride it on the streets, in the mud, hard pack dirt and gravel roads and off road bike trails.

Back