Made the move to a Turbo Vado SL 4.0

Blasst

I wanted a Specialized Turbo Vado SL for years, but could not justify the price, and bought a couple of Ride1up 700's instead back in Dec 2019.
However I was able to get in on the recent Specialized sale and picked up the Turbo Vado SL 4.0.
Great decision and the bike is fantastic, its what I really wanted with the mid drive etc etc.
I was in Portland, OR recently for the big Bridge Pedal Event, rented a bike for that, but while driving in downtown I was stopped at a light with a bicycle courier next to me.
He was riding a Turbo Vado SL 4.0 EQ, and I told him I just bought the same bike in California, minus the EQ parts of course. He said it is the best bike he has ever had.
Looking forward to many years of great riding with this bike.
Got a pic of the bike courier below, maybe he is on this forum:)

Attachments

• Vado 4.0.JPG
    Vado 4.0.JPG
    758.3 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
Thanks Stefan.

I have been reading this forum for awhile now and look to participate now that I have the bike.
My son likes the bike so well, he might just pick one up also... of course the sale price went back up right after buying mine.

It is an excellent e-bike for my purposes. Although I ride more km per year on my big Vado 6.0, I ride my Vado SL far more frequently, and just love it!

I had a Turbo Vado 4.0 which was stolen in November. It was my first ebike and it was a fine one. Specialized makes excellent bikes. But I never could get used to almost 70 pounds of bicycle.
I spent a lifetime riding road and singlespeed bikes and always valued lightweight and simplicity.
the Turbo Vado SL is almost light, and the electronics are about as simple as possible. I purchased a TV SL 4.0 a few weeks ago and
I love it! It is a very good choice for a non mountain bike rider.
enjoy!

Back