Fenders from Big O Mfg.

Volt Bike also offers a fender set. Same and the ones on their Yukon I believe. Again, looks like a fair price.

http://www.voltbike.ca/accessories/fat-bike-fenders.html

I bought a set of these fenders and still haven't installed them. I'm in Canada and thought that dealing with Voltbike would be easier. It wasn't. It took a long time to ship them and there was a lack of communication that was annoying. The rear fender should fit ok with some modifications but the front will not fit the 2016 RR without rubbing. There is no tire clearance without bending the fenders at an odd angle and maybe cutting them. The front might fit the 2015 RR better due to the different forks but would still take some modifications. I knew it would be a bit of a pain to get these to fit but tried them anyway. When the wetter weather comes back this fall I'll try fitting them up again.

Regarding DYI hardware for the Big O fenders, I think I found 1 piece of the puzzle. Our front forks don't have eyelets so it needs some clamp on type eyelet. Home Depot has these clamps they call "loom clamps." They have various sizes like 1-1/8", 1-3/8", 1 1/2", 1-3/4". Our Fork size should be in there somewhere.

The screws, nuts & bolts should be easy, and attachment tabs can be fabricated from hardware store stuff. The hardest part would be finding 2 correct size U stays.

I bought a used set of Big O fenders from forum member that had a 2015 Radrover. And I'm fitting it on my 2016 Radrover. The only thing I had to make was one L bracket, to secure it to the bar between the seatstay. Here's what it looks like (cut, drilled, painted) and where it came from: 2016-08-13 15.03.15.jpg. If you built enough computers, you'll have those lying around. And connected: 2016-08-13 19.32.17.jpg.
Other items needed are two 5mm x 30mm cap screw and some M5 locknuts from Home Depot.

Connecting the bar between the chainstay requires one of the two 5 x 30mm cap screws & locknut. 2016-08-13 19.31.40.jpg

Those should be the only spots that connect differently from the 2015 Radrover.

Here it is done 2016-08-13 19.43.26.jpg 2016-08-13 19.45.15.jpg . I might have some tweaking to do to finish but looks decent enough already.

So far, I think I might have spent more time messing with the bike than riding it. :)

Last edited:
I bought a used set of Big O fenders from forum member that had a 2015 Radrover. And I'm fitting it on my 2016 Radrover. The only thing I had to make was one L bracket, to secure it to the bar between the seatstay. Here's what it looks like (cut, drilled, painted) and where it came from: View attachment 8703. If you built enough computers, you'll have those lying around. And connected: View attachment 8706.
Other items needed are two 5mm x 30mm cap screw and some M5 locknuts from Home Depot.

Connecting the bar between the chainstay requires one of the two 5 x 30mm cap screws & locknut. View attachment 8709

Those should be the only spots that connect differently from the 2015 Radrover.

Here it is done View attachment 8721 View attachment 8718 . I might have some tweaking to do to finish but looks decent enough already.

So far, I think I might have spent more time messing with the bike than riding it. :)

What is? And where did you get that headlight??? It looks awesome on your RR! Looks like you replaced the small light? Does this one run off of the standard wire from the original light? I would like to do the same on my RR. I love the look, great job!

Mark

I see Big O is back offering mounting hardware for their fenders. Also offering hard aware for front suspensions. Makes reference to Rad Rover in the description of the optional hardware

It's plugged into the main battery using the stock headlight wire. But it required a voltage converter because stock voltage is 48v and there isn't much of a selection of lights that can take that voltage. I posted on what I used in the following thread:
https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/lets-talk-lights.4442/page-2

Thanks for the quick reply. I just read through your the thread. Awesome work and really well done! Rad Bikes should be making the Radrover this way.

Did you notice any extra drain on your battery with your light modification?

Mark

Hi All!

We are closing in on having the first production batch of RadRover and RadMini specific, full coverage thermoplastic olefin (TPO) fenders to compliment our standard half coverage fatbike fenders already on the website. I can't tell you much about these in advance of the release, but they should be available on our online store in 3-4 weeks and will be a SOLID full coverage fender option. Also.....made in Seattle!

It looks like Big O is coming back online with some offerings which might work as well, but I do not have any useful information to share on that front.

Thanks for your patience and DIY creativity in the absence of an off-the-shelf solution.

Since rad did not have any, I ordered a set from Big O, with the mounting hardware kit and shipping came to $171 bucks. Prolly a moment of late night stupidity, we shall see.

Since rad did not have any, I ordered a set from Big O, with the mounting hardware kit and shipping came to $171 bucks. Prolly a moment of late night stupidity, we shall see.

They are worth it. When I changed my fatbike I ran without the Big O fenders for a few weeks until I reengineered the old mounting hardware to fit. I was covered in so much crap every day! Couldn't ride in bad weather without fenders, no fun at all.

Back