Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RadPower Rover 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CH0PPER

Region
USA
Hi All,

First post ever here, and I have been looking to narrow down my fat tire e-bike choices. I was originally going to do my own conversion with a Northrock XC00, but chose to just get something prebuilt instead.
Doing mostly paved trails and some light desert trails in AZ. If any here can provide any input on my list of choices. Ideally looking to spend around $1,400-1,800.

1. Sondors XS
2. NCM Aspen Plus
3. RadPower Rover 5

Also I believe these will work for my size 6'3"

Last edited:
Try to find the extra grand and get this:

Little thumbnail above is not the bike in question.

RAD is an awesome company, but they put the small Bafang motor in the Rover, and creatively rate it at 750w.
Of the bikes on the list, my money would be on the Sonders,
but if I could add to the list....

Maybe the Rize Leisure with a real 750w Bafang ?

Juiced Ripcurrent XL frame! 52v, 750watts, tourqe sensor. With coupon code $1799. I'm 6'3" 235lbs fits me great. Good luck.

I've been very happy with my Rad Rover. Creative or not I've yet to find a hill I couldn't pedal up with the motor assist and I'll be 72 in a few days.

Thanks for the input for the alternate suggestions. The Rize Leisure and Juiced Ripcurrent seem like great choices too. Regarding the list I put up with NCM, Sondors, and Radpower, Rize, and Juiced, any input on solid support or good / bad / indifferent experiences with these manufacturers?

In this day and age it's very easy to sell bicycles and some vendors have an if you dont like it go somewhere else attitude and some of the rest aren't in that much of a hurry to make it right after the sell . That being sad Rad has been around and while not the most desirable they are everywhere like Bass Tracker boats . There must be something to them and customer service . Other than that you will find you are the mechanic and customer service professional so why not do what thousands of people (me included ) have done and build your own . It's easy and you'll be able to work on it yourself plus you'll have the frame you choose with motor combo you want . I can say in all honestly I will never buy a bike from a dealer or direct ever again .

Like I said, RAD is a hell of a company. Pretty much a standard to compare others to when it comes to companies marketing their bikes to consumers directly. A LOT of people LOVE their Rovers. It's Rad's most popular bike, and there are tons of them everywhere. It just irritates the heck out of me they don't use a real 750w motor. I have cable operated brakes on my very modified 1000w Rad City, and they stop the bike just fine, over and over again, without worry - even in the big hills. That said, I prefer the hydraulics as well.

I've built 2 e-bikes, and in my experience, if you assemble one using quality components, you aren't saving a big pile of money over bikes in the price range being discussed here - and - I think you'll find the resale value on your home built will SUCK when compared to something like a RAD. Still, there's something to be said about the satisfaction from a job well done, and clearly you're going to have a pretty good understanding of a lot of that bike....

I also have a Rize (recently purchased RX Pro). To date I've found the company easy to contact, and responsive to the issue I THOUGHT I had, which turned out to be a non event.

No personal experience with Sonders, but my understanding is they're a pretty decent outfit as well. -Al

In this day and age it's very easy to sell bicycles and some vendors have an if you dont like it go somewhere else attitude and some of the rest aren't in that much of a hurry to make it right after the sell . That being sad Rad has been around and while not the most desirable they are everywhere like Bass Tracker boats . There must be something to them and customer service . Other than that you will find you are the mechanic and customer service professional so why not do what thousands of people (me included ) have done and build your own . It's easy and you'll be able to work on it yourself plus you'll have the frame you choose with motor combo you want . I can say in all honestly I will never buy a bike from a dealer or direct ever again .
Now really , has it been that bad? I've had a Biktrix for over three years and Roshan and company has given me great after sale service.

Thanks for the input everyone. It came down to the RipCurrent and Sondors XS, but the Sondors won. It fit the criteria and the price range, as well as being in stock and able to ship.

Back