Extremely impressive but confusing range

I’m looking to change eBikes and I am extremely impressed with the looks and spec of the Kathmandu range. There is no “compare model” option on the website and so many models. Any tips how to compare the range without opening half a dozen pages and getting a migrane? The SLT 625 looks a great bike, any owners?

I've been looking at the Kathmandu range as well. As far as I can see, the frame & motor is the same across the whole range but the display & components vary (charger, wheels, front shocks, etc.) From highest to lowest range it is:
  • SLT
  • SL
  • EXC
  • Pro
  • One
(then there are 625 batteries and 500, but 500s seem to be on the way out)

I would suggest you come up with some idea of how much you want to spend then pick the model that fits your budget. I'm not sure what the availability is like yet for the 2021 models (at least here in France).

bosch is pretty accurate in range. but its eco mode and under 20mph or close to it. .start going faster and rage goes down. on my bosch I can go 22mph on tour and get about 35 or so mile with maybe 300feet of hills.

@fooferdoggie the OP is inquiring about the differences among the bikes in the CUBE Kathmandu model range, not Bosch battery range.

@fooferdoggie the OP is inquiring about the differences among the bikes in the CUBE Kathmandu model range, not Bosch battery range.
I see it was hard to tell there are a lot of them. though most look like the range would be about the same unless the tire size changes or the battery and motor changed. like the cx motor with a 625 battery is about 45 miles 35 with the 500 batery they all seem to ahve the same motor.

As per Stanley’s post the range reflects the components quality, the battery and motor stay the same. A 625 One spec may be cheaper than a 500 Pro for instance. The SL is quite a step up quality wise from the one/pro but Remember reaplacemwnt cassettes etc are going to be more costly down the road. I looked at the Pro and the SL versions in the U.K., concluded that whilst the SL was a better spec the Pro was more than adequate for me needs. Then couldn’t purchase one so looked elsewhere

Thanks everyone. It is especially hard to differentiate between the SL and the SLT. For a £600 difference you seem to get a fancier 3rd party seatpost and a slightly different model number of Shimano chain etc. It seems like the SL is the star of the range, it even comes with the very top of the range Bosch computer. Oh, but the SLT does come with a faster charger, but the compact charger on the SL is more convenient to carry.

Oh well. My interest in Cube was short lived. My local shop is an official supplier of them and they emailed their Cube contact in Germany today to be told that the entire 2021 SL and SLTs are completely sold out!

Thanks everyone. It is especially hard to differentiate between the SL and the SLT. For a £600 difference you seem to get a fancier 3rd party seatpost and a slightly different model number of Shimano chain etc. It seems like the SL is the star of the range, it even comes with the very top of the range Bosch computer. Oh, but the SLT does come with a faster charger, but the compact charger on the SL is more convenient to carry.
ya they all looked like the same motor but a choice of displays. its weird on the charger I though they all came with the 4 amp charger but maybe not.

I was originally looking at the 625 Pro then spied the 625 EXC. Then I saw the SLT but they didn't appear to be available yet. I thought the difference was too much $$$ so I'm probably going to get an EXC. I wanted a suspension seat post and different tires anyway, and all the components are upgraded from the Pro. The SLT sure looked good however. Loved the colour. CN

Oh well. My interest in Cube was short lived. My local shop is an official supplier of them and they emailed their Cube contact in Germany today to be told that the entire 2021 SL and SLTs are completely sold out!

Check the Touring Hybrid EXC 625. They are readily available in many shops in Europe in both grey and red color. The EXC is the top of the line spec of the Touring line and it uses the Performance engine, not the CX.
That according to my research is a much better fit and value for this kind of bikes (trekking, touring, commuting).

Back