Extra plugs that came with new Evo Jet

bob armani

Hello-

Does anyone know what these plugs are used for that came in a small plastic ziplock bag?

Attachments

• Evo Jet Plugs.jpg
    Evo Jet Plugs.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 505
Hello-

Does anyone know what these plugs are used for that came in a small plastic ziplock bag?

The larger rubber piece is for covering your battery port during transportation.
The smaller one (I believe) is to cover the light cable. I did not find use for either one of them when I had EM bikes.

Hello-

The smaller round plug is a cover for the fragile pins of the hub motor connection at the rear of the bike. I use it every time I unplug the motor to preform any service. I even carry it on the bike in the event I need to repair a flat tire while on the road/trail. Bending or breaking one of those pins would really ruin my day:eek: As for the rectangular cover, I've yet to use that.

Last edited:
The smaller round plug is a cover for the fragile pins of the hub motor connection at the rear of the bike. I use it every time I unplug the motor to preform any service. I even carry it on the bike in the event I need to repair a flat tire while on the road/trail. Bending or breaking one of those pins would really ruin my day:eek: As for the rectangular cover, I've yet to use that.
Thansk JR-

I have used the rectangular plug when transporting the bike with the battery off the bike. Looks like it fits over the battery terminal connection. Good point with carrying the other plug! Those pins look very thin and fragile. Most of the reps at the Expo that do not sell hub motors (just mid-drives) always mention that when you have to change a flat tire on a hub driven ebike, it can be a real challenge. Looks to me that it is not all that difficult after seeing the videos on Blue Monkey.
I have never had to remove the rear wheel to fix a flat. Perhaps a practice run may not be a bad idea.

Back