Evelo Galaxy 500 review: automatic transmission

FlatSix911

Region
USA
City
Silicon Valley
Reviewed by Electrek: A decent belt drive and automatic transmission for under $3,800.

Evelo Galaxy tech specs
  • Motor: 500W Motion Drive mid-drive motor
  • Top speed: 20 mph (32 km/h)
  • Battery: 36V 13Ah (468Wh) lockable and removable battery
  • Range: 40 mi (64.3 km) estimate
  • Gearing: Enviolo Fully Automatic Transmission
  • Frame: Aluminum
  • Brakes: Tektro hydraulic disc (180 and 160mm disc)
  • Tires: 24″ x 2.4″ CST
  • Price: $3,999
  • Extras: integrated headlight and taillight, throttle, comfort saddle, rear rack, plastic fenders, water bottle mount, comfort grips

There is now a link for $100 off the price of the Evelo Galaxy 500 with this discount code: REF-RV0LL3D5KXYPQ2

Edit... it appears that you now get a $200 discount and get a $100 gift card mailed later. I have no affiliation with this bike or promotion.

Last edited:
Surprised to see price same as Aurora Limited.
I'd welcome the 17 pound lighter frame when loading/unloading from vehicle. Other than the Galaxy 500 being slightly smaller difficult to see advantage over Aurora Limited - - - - unless one needs the smaller size.

Aurora - 750 motor vs Galaxy 500 - 500w
Aurora front suspension - Galaxy 500 - nope

seems like Aurora is a bargain or Galaxy should be priced lower. What am I missing?

Hi @jaizon,

As funny as it may seem, the rigid fork on the Galaxy actually costs more than the suspension fork on the Aurora, due to being made custom for this bike. The motor is the same cost, though the battery is a small bit cheaper. The Galaxy 500 is also a lower-production model; In the end, our actual cost is almost the same for both bikes.

Our first goal with the 24-inch wheeled Galaxies was to fit shorter riders well. This is why the battery is over the rear wheel and we did not include a suspension fork. Both of those would have raised the frame a bit and the fork especially would have made the whole bike taller.

Back