Evelo Dash information

Dapu Error - 12

So has anyone heard from Evelo Support as to what is the description of Error-12 ?

And/Or what the fix is ?

= = =

When Error-12 was first reported (here if not to Evelo) Dapu was shut-down due the China's C-19 Rules.

Dapu has now been open for several weeks - - - - so any news ti share on Error-12 ?

Dapu Error - 12

So has anyone heard from Evelo Support as to what is the description of Error-12 ?

And/Or what the fix is ?

= = =

When Error-12 was first reported (here if not to Evelo) Dapu was shut-down due the China's C-19 Rules.

Dapu has now been open for several weeks - - - - so any news ti share on Error-12 ?
Well, re Error-12, as I said in May "I did learn Error Code 12 is related to the motor, as it showed up when I unplugged the motor cutoffs."

But for those still considering a Dash, I wanted to comment that my replacement Dash has been very good. I (a non-athletic, older small woman) can ride all the way up to the highest point in Portland, OR (Council Crest) with no problem, which would have been impossible without assist. I did replace the uncomfortable saddle, and the gear shift is still really stiff, but the motor is very smooth and quiet and overall I love the Dash.

Electrek, Electric Bike Review, and Electric Bike Report have all recently posted reviews of the Dash. I watched all the videos last week. The reviews are based on the newer five-speed model. Allowing that we have a pair of three-speed versions, I don't recall seeing anything I greatly disagreed with in the reviews.

My current project is to improve how the bikes load and ride in the back of our Jeep Grand Cherokee. I've never done anything beyond using some scrap cardboard and bungee cords to keep them bundled and to keep them from falling over. However, the bike stowed on passenger side is inclined to fall over to the left, so I guess it's time to improve on that situation. Court's review also reminded me that the seat clamp is a bit challenging to operate, especially since we added suspension seatposts and adaptor shims to accommodate the different diameters; I will see if I can search up something with a longer lever.

Does anyone have any routines / special equipment / ideas for bundling and stabilizing their folders when transporting them in vehicles?

Other than that, we're still really happy with the bikes. The three-speed has really been fine for all the rides we've been on, so I don't plan to upgrade the hubs and add any more gears. The mid-drive motors with torque sensors really provide smooth acceleration and power delivery, the steering is really precise while not being too twitchy or too mushy, and the long wheelbases provide something of a cruiser ride.

Last edited:
Electrek, Electric Bike Review, and Electric Bike Report have all recently posted reviews of the Dash. I watched all the videos last week. The reviews are based on the newer five-speed model. Allowing that we have a pair of three-speed versions, I don't recall seeing anything I greatly disagreed with in the reviews.

My current project is to improve how the bikes load and ride in the back of our Jeep Grand Cherokee. I've never done anything beyond using some scrap cardboard and bungee cords to keep them bundled and to keep them from falling over. However, the bike stowed on passenger side is inclined to fall over to the left, so I guess it's time to improve on that situation. Court's review also reminded me that the seat clamp is a bit challenging to operate, especially since we added suspension seatposts and adaptor shims to accommodate the different diameters; I will see if I can search up something with a longer lever.

Does anyone have any routines / special equipment / ideas for bundling and stabilizing their folders when transporting them in vehicles?

Other than that, we're still really happy with the bikes. The three-speed has really been fine for all the rides we've been on, so I don't plan to upgrade the hubs and add any more gears. The mid-drive motors with torque sensors really provide smooth acceleration and power delivery, the steering is really precise while not being too twitchy or too mushy, and the long wheelbases provide something of a cruiser ride.
As far as transporting my Dash, I just use a couple of old towels to keep it from scratching itself and discouraging sliding and put it in the back of my SUV, and it stays in place quite well for the local trips I take it on. I am very happy with how the bike rides, but it IS awkward for me to fold without assistance. My main complaint is that taking the battery out and putting it back in is really tricky, the battery lock seems to be slightly out of alignment and it is hard to get it to catch, so I avoid taking the battery out except for storing it in the house during extreme cold weather. Removing the battery to save weight when lifting it into the car is much more trouble than it is worth. But the bike is plenty powerful enough for me (I'm about 126 lbs) and a heavy bag full of stuff.

Back