eTap for Allant+?

enleeten

I upgraded my xm700+ to an Allant+ 9.9S last year and am curious if it's possible (or feasible) to upgrade it to an eTap shifting setup?

Thanks!

Should be fine but you'd have to change the rear cassette and maybe also the rear wheel if the freehub isn't compatible. But there have been some lower cost eTap stuff coming out that might work on your existing freehub.

I added the Sram AXS XX1 derailleur on my Allant 9.9s before delivery. It works brilliantly with the Shimano microspline 12 speed 11-51 tooth derailleur. Almost 3,000 miles in the past year. Best upgrade possible on an already well equipped bike.

SRAM shifter and derailleur, but with Shimano cassette. Do I have that correct?

That's good to know.

I liked the old 10/11 speed days when you could mix and match Shimano and SRAM cassettes. It's not as easy now given they use different freehubs, but good to know that the cassettes can still be used with the other brands derailleur.

SRAM shifter and derailleur, but with Shimano cassette. Do I have that correct?

That's good to know.

I liked the old 10/11 speed days when you could mix and match Shimano and SRAM cassettes. It's not as easy now given they use different freehubs, but good to know that the cassettes can still be used with the other brands derailleur.
You got it. The combo shifts as smooth as silk, crisp and indexed...using Shimano chain with the Shimano cassette, by the way. I use the lesser grade Shimano chain as I have found it more durable. In my experience, what you get when you pay more for chains is lighter but not as long lasting.

I upgraded my xm700+ to an Allant+ 9.9S last year and am curious if it's possible (or feasible) to upgrade it to an eTap shifting setup?

Thanks!

If you have to change, the most reasonable eshifting setup at the moment is Sram AXS GX. $600 is still a lot of money but it is probably the cheapest and easiest way to retrofit eshifting. It seems to be on par with its older, expensive versions in terms of shifting performance, the only concern may be 20 hour operation time per charge but you can make a habit of charging it every time you charge your battery.

Will it work with your existing shimano drivetrain? Most likely, here is an example:
https://www.bebikes.com/the-hub/1mmtdv5ypu0vc1p4kze6r05wtxvufp

Last edited:
Back