Espin Nero

Yes the blue is nice. With base you get fenders only. For $100 more you get front and rear racks, cell phone holder, water bottle holder and panniers.
Ya we worked that out earlier in the thread, they lower the premium price, which I think makes it a very good deal now if one wants rack.

If you want an Espin Nero at the introductory price than you should order soon. I think they are almost sold out of the first 200 at the special sale price.
4 left currently. Good price for the bike for sure!

anyone else order a Nero??
Nervous about being the first, but seemed like a good value. I did find an additional $50 coupon, so $1,049 for the premium version.....

I'm thinking about ordering one myself, but I will assume the rack is not included since it's listed as a premium add-on, and I would not add the premium option. You could always ask about it on their website chat if it's important to you. They weren't able to answer me about what cassette it uses, only that it is a 7 speed.
If I were you, I would definitely purchase the $100 premium package. If you don't, you'll end up spending $295 for all the parts included in the package in the long run.

If I were you, I would definitely purchase the $100 premium package. If you don't, you'll end up spending $295 for all the parts included in the package in the long run.
You're responding to an old post. I didn't get an Espin Nero. If I had, I might have gotten the premium add-on even though I didn't really need any of those items, but it's a moot point now, for me.

Regarding the "7 speed" info in the chat, they emailed me later stating it was an 8 speed.

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/espin-nero.35765/post-311492

The website has since been updated with that info as well:

S-Ride Rapid Fire Shifter (8 Speed) 11-32T

They are running low on the early bird specials, so if you are interested, don't drag your feet.

Last edited:
Oh OK, which one did you get? I don't think any of their other bikes come with a premium package option. See I intend to use mine for grocery shopping and running errands so I really need the racks and the pannier.

Oh OK, which one did you get? I don't think any of their other bikes come with a premium package option. See I intend to use mine for grocery shopping and running errands so I really need the racks and the pannier.
I decided not to go with a fat tire bike. As of now, I narrowed my choice to the Ride1Up 700 or LMT'D. The updated LMT'Ds just started shipping, so I'm just getting the feedback on those as of yesterday. Due to the cooler weather setting in, I might hold off until Spring before I buy, at this point.

I may order one soon. But I am debating still between the Nero or the Lectra XP. Two different types/style of bikes, I know. But I like them both almost equally. Decisions, decisions. I am also still waiting on my Ride1Up 700 ST to arrive (beginning of October).

The 700 looks neat. I think that one is around $1,600 or $1,700
$1495, but you can do the pledge to save $40, but they want you to get assembly done or signed off by a bike mechanic for hardware warranty. It comes with a nice rack, also fenders/lights, LMT'D does not.

The foldable? If you want something more convenient I would go with that, if you need cargo space, I would go with the Nero.

You're right. I stand corrected.
$1495, but you can do the pledge to save $40, but they want you to get assembly done or signed off by a bike mechanic for hardware warranty. It comes with a nice rack, also fenders/lights, LMT'D does not.
You're right. I stand corrected. That's crazy because the limited is more expensive right?

I may order one soon. But I am debating still between the Nero or the Lectra XP. Two different types/style of bikes, I know. But I like them both almost equally. Decisions, decisions. I am also still waiting on my Ride1Up 700 ST to arrive (beginning of October).
It is a tough decision. I think the Nero is likely to be a better quality bike. Nero has front suspension, is bigger, better gearing, better battery and range. I have an Espin Sport and it is good quality. We have ordered a Nero for my husband as he wanted a more approachable fat tire bike and an Lectric xp step thru for my adult daughter. They each chose their bike. I thought my daughter was too short to be comfortable on either the Sport or the Nero, so we ordered the step thru xp for her.

It is a tough decision. I think the Nero is likely to be a better quality bike. Nero has front suspension, is bigger, better gearing, better battery and range. I have an Espin Sport and it is good quality. We have ordered a Nero for my husband as he wanted a more approachable fat tire bike and an Lectric xp step thru for my adult daughter. They each chose their bike. I thought my daughter was too short to be comfortable on either the Sport or the Nero, so we ordered the step thru xp for her.

Nice. You have a good range of bikes there... Espin, R1U and Lectric. You need to throw in a Rad or Sondors. :)

If you go out on a family bike ride you'll be a traveling value e-bike show. You are bound to get "a lot" of question. Looking forward to some long term reports on these.

Oh wow! Awesome. So you'll have the best of both, or all 3 I should say (a R1U too). =)

I feel the Nero would be a better bike all around, yes. But I do have a R1U 700 ST coming which is pretty nice and will be used as my everyday ride (exercise, street, paved trails). So I am thinking to have something opposite of that; a fat tire bike more for fun and light trails. We do travel a few times a year (prior to covid), so thought the Lectric XP would be nice for that as they are foldable. But that would leave my GF out as I would only be buying one for now (though we'd share). So I'm better off buying a hitch and rack to travel with our 700's. The Lectric still seems fun though, especially at it's smaller size. The Nero does have better components and would maybe last longer and I like the style (minus the battery showing). I dunno. Both seem like great deals. I am 5'4" with a 28" inseam, so I think either would be an OK fit.

Last edited:
Back