Espin Aero... any firsthand feedback?

I've also been thinking about a rack so if anyone goes that route, please let us know!

Also, I heard back from Espin (they reply fast!) and there is no odometer function as we suspected. Oh well.

I did another long ride yesterday. I took the Aero and my wife rode her Flow. We did 23 miles. I had 2 bars left on the battery riding at PAS 1 and 2 and my wife had 4 bars left on her Flow riding at mostly 2 and using the throttle quite a bit on the in the last 6 miles or so. I enjoyed this ride quite a bit but I have a couple of cons:
1. The controller is kind of cheap feeling. It has a lag when a button is pressed causing me to overshoot the intended PAS level pretty often.
2. This is a personal preference thing but the Flow ride is more upright and the Aero ride is more aggressive. Because of that my upper body weight is resting on the handlebar grips. This caused a bit of discomfort on my palms. Maybe I'll get used to it or maybe I'll look for some upgraded grips.

I did another long ride yesterday. I took the Aero and my wife rode her Flow. We did 23 miles. I had 2 bars left on the battery riding at PAS 1 and 2 and my wife had 4 bars left on her Flow riding at mostly 2 and using the throttle quite a bit on the in the last 6 miles or so. I enjoyed this ride quite a bit but I have a couple of cons:
1. The controller is kind of cheap feeling. It has a lag when a button is pressed causing me to overshoot the intended PAS level pretty often.
2. This is a personal preference thing but the Flow ride is more upright and the Aero ride is more aggressive. Because of that my upper body weight is resting on the handlebar grips. This caused a bit of discomfort on my palms. Maybe I'll get used to it or maybe I'll look for some upgraded grips.
23 miles with 2 bars left isn't too bad considering the battery size. I charge it every other day too make sure I don't get stuck with a dead battery. But we even then, pedaling without battery is ok on flat streets. Also, I swapped my grips for a pair I had laying around and much better. But I tend to like the aggressive stance to begin with. Overall, still liking the bike :)

Back