Espin Aero... any firsthand feedback?

@Bubsdaddy - any chance you're planning to add fenders? I can't seem to find any pics that clearly show whether or not there are fender mounted pre-drilled. Thanks in advance.

Also, my delivery got pushed back to Wednesday.
I've found Espin's customer service is very responsive - I asked them several questions prior to and after purchasing my Flow, and always had an answer within 24 hours. I'll bet they can answer this question for you 😉.

Mine was pushed back to today but they arrived a few minutes ago. I'll start assembling them tonight and I'll let you know about the fender mounts.

Well, bummer. The front wheels didn’t come with a quick release axle. The axles it came with don’t hold the wheel securely. Also the smoke grey is much darker than the color of my Flows. Also, The saddle has no springs. I tried to call Espin but I just get a quick busy signal. I emailed support. Maybe I can just buy the proper axles.

Well, bummer. The front wheels didn’t come with a quick release axle. The axles it came with don’t hold the wheel securely. Also the smoke grey is much darker than the color of my Flows. Also, The saddle has no springs. I tried to call Espin but I just get a quick busy signal. I emailed support. Maybe I can just buy the proper axles.
Looking at pics of the Aero, it seems like the saddle should have springs. There is no mention of the quick release axle on the website. I'm surprised that the included axle doesn't hold the wheel securely though. Please keep us posted when you hear back from Espin. My delivery was pushed back to Thursday now.

Also, can you post pics of the bike? Interested to see just how much darker the bike is. Thanks.

If you look closely at the pictures you can see the quick release axle. It's also in the assembly directions. I mentioned the lack of springs because of the pictures showing it and as a rider in his 60s I take every bit of comfort I can get. The color differential is actually viewable on the Aero web page. Contrast the first and second picture and it isn't a lighting or photo difference - it's an actual color difference. The Aero I received has a flatter darker color than my Flows which match the color of the first Aero photo. The green is exactly like the web photo and is a very attractive color.
1646148841676.png

Last edited:
Here is a photo of the green. I stopped assembling the next bike after I realized I couldn't get the front wheel right. I'll wait until I get some clarity from Espin support or if that doesn't happen timely, I'll get some help from a local bike shop.

IMG_4740.jpg

Received ours and also having problems with the front wheel. Looks like they didn’t pack the quick release in our box! Bummer as I was hoping to drop it off for our son at college today.

I went to a local bike shop today and bought 5 quick release axles. Maybe Espin will reimburse me - or us. Still, I won't have to wait for a replacement part and can assemble the bikes quickly now. I paid $11 each for mine.

I went to a local bike shop today and bought 5 quick release axles. Maybe Espin will reimburse me - or us. Still, I won't have to wait for a replacement part and can assemble the bikes quickly now. I paid $11 each for mine.
Any specific one (length) I need to get?

Last edited:
Any specific one I need to get?
Espin support emailed me back:

Sorry to hear about the missing quick release skewer! You can pick up a replacement front quick release skewer at any of your local bicycle shops, they are a standard size and readily available at most shops. You can forward us a picture of the receipt for the skewer and we will reimburse you.

So I did the right thing.

I took my front wheel in and the bike shop guy grabbed the skewer and then put it on for me. They look pretty standard. All of the Front wheel quick release axles are shorter.

Two more tips:
1. The axle looks plugged up on one side but whatever is plugging it falls out when you insert the skewer from the non-plugged side.
2. The brake has a plastic insert keeping the pads from touching each other that needs to be removed before you attempt to lower the fork onto the wheel and disc.

Espin support emailed me back:

Sorry to hear about the missing quick release skewer! You can pick up a replacement front quick release skewer at any of your local bicycle shops, they are a standard size and readily available at most shops. You can forward us a picture of the receipt for the skewer and we will reimburse you.

So I did the right thing.

I took my front wheel in and the bike shop guy grabbed the skewer and then put it on for me. They look pretty standard. All of the Front wheel quick release axles are shorter.
Thanks for all the info. I'll have to grab a couple of these quick release skewers. Did Espin mention anything about the lack of seat springs?

That green does look nice!

Also, are there any pre-drilled fender mounts? (Front and rear) And are you planning to add fenders?

Ok. I found my quick release skewers. Both of them were in the cardboard where the rear wheel was secured. I found it taking the box apart so look there. 3 out of 3 were there

Ok. I found my quick release skewers. Both of them were in the cardboard where the rear wheel was secured. I found it taking the box apart so look there. 3 out of 3 were there
Glad to hear! I was getting ready to order some online.

Thanks for all the info. I'll have to grab a couple of these quick release skewers. Did Espin mention anything about the lack of seat springs?

That green does look nice!

Also, are there any pre-drilled fender mounts? (Front and rear) And are you planning to add fenders?
Looks like these would work for fender mounts

Attachments

• AAE5B8A2-1304-4AAA-9192-D22604EC8D25.jpeg
    AAE5B8A2-1304-4AAA-9192-D22604EC8D25.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 197
Back