em street display not accurate for mileage?

vincent

did some searches but did not come up with the answer for this

my tire size is correct but the display is not matching map my ride on my iphone.....
seems like my iphone would be more accurate?

rode to the store here and reset trip on the street, then opened map my ride and started a new ride

got home and street display said 3.9 miles
map my ride says 4.08

not a huge amount off but over the course of this battery would be like 7 extra miles

this is my first battery charge

started with 97% and now have 7% em display says 40.4

but if it is off i got more like 47.6 for this battery if my math is right...

just curious if anyone else has noticed this
thanks

That is less than a 5% difference. You can measure the tire from top to bottom to make sure the tire diameter is actually the size it says it is. I think the Easy Motion Bikes only use .5 inch increments on the tire settings. Sounds like you need to increase the size of the tire in the settings by .5 inches.

thanks have blue, will check that

also i switched phone apps a while back and may have had the mapmyride set to the wrong tire size

got an apple watch and planning to use cyclemeter , need to get all the bikes set up in that and familiar with how to use the apps etc
but will double check the tire size if it does not match the cyclemeter

have not been able to get out much the past week or two
either 114 degrees or raining blah!!!

The way I calibrated my display was I used the Google Maps (desktop) measuring tool to plot and measure the route that I usually take to commute, then by riding it a couple times, find the wheel size that best matches the trip meter to the actual distance.

The software on my display is way off on the wheel size, so even though the actual wheel is a 29er (28" rim+2.35" tire), setting the display to 26.5" it measures 0.26 kms under (on a 12km trip), and setting it to 27" it measures 0.24 over. I settled on the 27" setting.

very interesting, thanks for the info

it has been so hot here in az i have not ridden any the past few weeks, hoping to get in a few days riding up north soon

will see how the display does then

Tire diameters vary greatly within a given "size" even with street/street . I think my big bud odo is off and it's set at 26" , but fattie tires are usually about 29", so that's a pretty huge variable.

I just realized I was taking my display at par. Going to have to check that it is computing the miles right. Ak!

I just got the street and am having the same issue. It seems to be giving the equivalent of kilometers even though it says miles. I wonder if some were European models and set for kilometers.mif so is there a way to change it? Or how to adjust by tire size?

I just got the street and am having the same issue. It seems to be giving the equivalent of kilometers even though it says miles. I wonder if some were European models and set for kilometers.mif so is there a way to change it? Or how to adjust by tire size?

Sure, tire size is one of the settings.

Thx but is that how to get the km to miles... to change the tire size? The size is set on6 which is right. The display is reporting distances and speeds which equate to km.

Ps easy motion figures it was programmed wrong and sent me a new display. Amazing customer service!

Back