Electric assist not working properly?

Gordonbp

Hi. I have a Gain F40, and cannot understand any of the diagrams for using electric assist.
1. I switch on, and the light is white indicating >75% charge on the frame, but only one of the lights on the handlebar control lights up as opposed to two on the diagrams.
2. When cycling, I select green assistance. The green light flashes for a few seconds and then turns back to white. Is this what is supposed to happen, because if it is, there is NO mention of this in any of the electric assist diagrams.
3. Similarly with orange and red - they flash for a few seconds, then the light reverts to white.
4. I'm concerned that the electric assist isn't actually working....

Hi. I have a Gain F40, and cannot understand any of the diagrams for using electric assist.
1. I switch on, and the light is white indicating >75% charge on the frame, but only one of the lights on the handlebar control lights up as opposed to two on the diagrams.
2. When cycling, I select green assistance. The green light flashes for a few seconds and then turns back to white. Is this what is supposed to happen, because if it is, there is NO mention of this in any of the electric assist diagrams.
3. Similarly with orange and red - they flash for a few seconds, then the light reverts to white.
4. I'm concerned that the electric assist isn't actually working....

Everything is working correctly. After pressing for what level of assist you require? The light then returns to indicate the amount of charge you have left in the battery ie. White, Orange Red.

What Jaxx said, that's exactly how it works. If you select the red top level, you should certainly feel the assist, can you not feel it when you turn it on?

Everything is working correctly. After pressing for what level of assist you require? The light then returns to indicate the amount of charge you have left in the battery ie. White, Orange Red.
Thanks for that. The manual “diagrams” don’t indicate that at all as far as I can see.

What Jaxx said, that's exactly how it works. If you select the red top level, you should certainly feel the assist, can you not feel it when you turn it on?
Not sure. Only had it a couple of weeks, and we have some VERY steep hills where I live. The motor certainly whirs. I might just try it on the flat to see. Is there a minimum RPM before the assist kicks in?

No, no minimum rpm but you do have to crank the pedals a bit before it starts. If you have a US model like I do it cuts off at about 21mph. It's a small motor and light assist, so you still have to work on steep hills and like any class 1 bike the motor only runs when you pedal, but you should definitely feel it kick in. Have you downloaded the Ebikemotion app yet? It lets you look at what's going on a bit and it allows you to lower the assist at each level. It's possible that someone lowered the levels to the point where they're not really helping. If you haven't already use the app and it may help you figure out what's going on.

Thanks for that - I have the App - I presume the level of assist is set in Engine Maps?
Just one other thing - I go onto my Dashboard at Orbea.com, it shows my profile from the app - but no ebikes found. How do I get my ebike onto my dashboard?

Thanks for that - I have the App - I presume the level of assist is set in Engine Maps?
Just one other thing - I go onto my Dashboard at Orbea.com, it shows my profile from the app - but no ebikes found. How do I get my ebike onto my dashboard?

Has the dealer or you, registered the bike with Orbea?

Sometimes it helps to forget the bluetooth connection with your smartphone, delete the app., reinstall and try again. I've never had this particular problem, but I recall reading a few posts where this solved the problem, and it won't hurt anything. By the way, did you try it on the flats to see if it was, in fact, delivering power?

Back