EG is alive?

stevenast

I live in the Denver area, looked on the EG website for dealers, couldn't find, wrote them an email, no response. I noticed their website has not been updated in about 5 months. I'm thinking maybe they went under?

I live in the Denver area, looked on the EG website for dealers, couldn't find, wrote them an email, no response. I noticed their website has not been updated in about 5 months. I'm thinking maybe they went under?

Yes they are alive and kicking.
Wayne Hui, the proprietor of EG, just returned from China last week. There are some major upgrades to the 2015 lineup.
The motor has been updated to 500W geared Dapu (the ones used in Pedego Interceptor, City Commuter, Easy Motion Neo Cross) and the battery has been upgraded to 48V, 10Ah Samsung. Here is a sneak peek for you.
We will have the 2015 stock in a few weeks and feel free to reach out if you need to know anything.

Bali EX.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for answering so quickly, Lenny! Maybe you should consider changing your name to fast and crazy Lenny!

I Googled you and I see that you are in Madison, Wisconsin! Being that I am in Denver, I probably need to find somewhere closer for service!

One of the appeals of the EG line is the low price... I hope the upgrades don't push it up too far.

If anyone reading this has a Colorado connection for EG, please let me know! Thanks!

Yes they are alive and kicking.
Wayne Hui, the proprietor of EG, just returned from China last week. There are some major upgrades to the 2015 lineup.
The motor has been updated to 500W geared Dapu (the ones used in Pedego Interceptor, City Commuter, Easy Motion Neo Cross) and the battery has been upgraded to 48V, 10Ah Samsung. Here is a sneak peak for you.
We will have the 2015 stock in a few weeks and feel free to reach out if you need to know anything.

View attachment 2442
Nice upgrades! A far cry from the original 250 watt Bali.

Thanks for answering so quickly, Lenny! Maybe you should consider changing your name to fast and crazy Lenny!
I Googled you and I see that you are in Madison, Wisconsin! Being that I am in Denver, I probably need to find somewhere closer for service!
One of the appeals of the EG line is the low price... I hope the upgrades don't push it up too far.
If anyone reading this has a Colorado connection for EG, please let me know! Thanks!

You're welcome.
I will check with Wayne to see if he has any connections in CO area.

I bought my wife the EG Athens, and she loves it. It has the older style 250 Watt motor, but it's a great bike. I'm sure EG's new models will be a similar bang for the buck. It just so happens I bought both of my bikes from Crazy Lenny's E-Bikes. Great people to do business with!

Ah, I have zero mechanical ability and I'm a thousand miles away from Madison. No one carries EG here. Crazy Lenny needs to open a Colorado branch!

Thanks, Ann! Are you referring to their Denver location that just opened, or the Longmont store that's been in existence?

Thanks, Ann! Are you referring to their Denver location that just opened, or the Longmont store that's been in existence?
Well, I forgot that Tom already had another shop in CO near where he lives. The new Denver one, since you mentioned being in Denver.

Cool, I will probably go there tomorrow, but soon for sure, and with an open mind ... I'm still learning a lot!
Thanks!

Ah, I have zero mechanical ability and I'm a thousand miles away from Madison. No one carries EG here. Crazy Lenny needs to open a Colorado branch!
I don't think there would be a problem for any large bike shop to service an e bike. Most bike shops can work on all of the serviceable components on an ebike.

And for that matter, servicing a bike has always been a learn and/or re-learn as you go effort for me. I recently updated the rear sprocket on my Nexus Hub of the Zurich. My own expertise servicing a Nexus Hub was "learn-as-I-go". Disconnecting the cabling was a bit tricky but the toughest part was taking a link out the chain then re-installing the cable and chain guard. Mostly with all bikes "learn or re-learn as you go" gets the job done. Whats the worst that can happen when there are 3 capable bike shops within 10 miles of my location?

Speaking from experience, one can buy a bike on-line with complete confidence in a fair transaction. Take reasonable precautions such as transacting through PayPal.

Last edited:
I don't think there would be a problem for any large bike shop to service an e bike. Most bike shops can work on all of the serviceable components on an ebike.

And for that matter, servicing a bike has always been a learn and/or re-learn as you go effort for me. I recently updated the rear sprocket on my Nexus Hub of the Zurich. My own expertise servicing a Nexus Hub was "learn-as-I-go". Disconnecting the cabling was a bit tricky but the toughest part was taking a link out the chain then re-installing the cable and chain guard. Mostly with all bikes "learn or re-learn as you go" gets the job done. Whats the worst that can happen when there are 3 capable bike shops within 10 miles of my location?

Speaking from experience, one can buy a bike on-line with complete confidence in a fair transaction. Take reasonable precautions such as transacting through PayPal.

Whenever we sell a bike to a customer who doesn't live in 50 mile radius of our store, we try to sell them a high-quality bike with very good history. If you choose your retailer and bike wisely, you shouldn't have to worry.
As John mentioned, any experienced bike shop can do routine maintenance. Some of our customers in Missouri, Kansas etc., don't have any E-bike shop nearby and they have had absolutely no problems. Again, you should pay close attention to where you purchase your bike from, the vibe of the people and their commitment to your long term satisfaction.

Back