Edit/update--Eurofender Mudflap Spoiler 51mm

mudflap front fender.png The responses to my inquiry about a lost mud flap on the front fender were helpful. I had emailed SKS thinking they must have a bin full of these things. They shrugged and said get a new fender set, so I mistakenly thought the clip-on flaps must be hard to find.

From the Holland Bike Shop I got a Eurofender Mudflap Spoiler 51mm--the measurement is straight across the inside of the bottom fender, edge to edge. Oddly they sent a bag with about five flaps in it

Great product! The mudflap slides right onto the fender. It has two built-in slots for zip ties, and the ties slide behind the mounting bar on the inside of the fender. Tight, but it works. Once the zip ties are tightened, this thing is on there. Probably bend the fender before coming off.

Last edited:
a lot of people like the products from Velo Orange.
they have both leather and rubber “mud flaps” for fenders.

mudflaps of all designs are available also from many of the online biking superstores like nashbar, perfor,acne cycle, etc.

Etsy also has a ton of mud flap creations, some even personalized with logos or words…

I made mine with black duct tape, believe it or not. It actually looks pretty good, and is flexible and weather proof. You take some of the really wide 2.88" Home Depot gorilla tape and loop it around on itself sideways over the end of the fender, so about 1" is adhered to the plastic and the rest is overhang. By looping over there is no exposed adhesive underside. I don't do that with this particular job but you can also use a length of black flexible cutting board as a reinforcement under the duct tape. In this case I prefer it to be flexible. Its firm enough to withstand the elements as-is fof a short mudflap extension.

etsy has a bunch listed, but not exactly like what your'e looking for. I'm on the lookout for some flaps for a fat tire bike.

a lot of people like the products from Velo Orange.
they have both leather and rubber “mud flaps” for fenders.

mudflaps of all designs are available also from many of the online biking superstores like nashbar, perfor,acne cycle, etc.

Etsy also has a ton of mud flap creations, some even personalized with logos or words…

I've got the Velo Orange black leather mud flaps, works great, looks great.

IMG_2036.jpg

Back