Ecotric on Amazon

Bikes direct and others punish buyers by not. Lowing is to refuse damaged shipments. Instead we have to wait for repair parts. Be certain of just what the warranty covers. And who makes the repairs.
That's amazing to me. I'm 73 and this county and it's business practices have little resemblance to the country I grew up in. I'll just bide my time and save more money until I can buy from a reputable ( if there are any left) dealer. Until I can buy high end tires, I'm stuck with the 4 in, removable core tubes and Mr Tuffy liners.

Have you considered a ride1up bike. I think this is a good bike for the price. https://ride1up.com/bikes/?page_id=289

And here is a good fat tire bike. https://shop.m2sbikes.com/products/...TORPH1JD0orCf87UfUDiXuUAiSh2V5HxoCMI4QAvD_BwE
I contacted M2S bikes in
That's amazing to me. I'm 73 and this county and it's business practices have little resemblance to the country I grew up in. I'll just bide my time and save more money until I can buy from a reputable ( if there are any left) dealer. Until I can buy high end tires, I'm stuck with the 4 in, removable core tubes and Mr Tuffy liners.
By now, at 73, I should have known " if it sounds to good to be true......" I reacted emotionally to the $270 discount on Amazon from a 3rd party seller Jenna Millerre ( just launched). The bike was to be delivered 2/14-2/15. On 2/9 I received an email in broken English saying blah, blah blah, there is a delay in delivery. No information as to when. I emailed in return ( which I later found out the seller could only view on Amazon's seller site) to cancel the order and I wanted a refund. Sellers on Amazon have 48 hrs to respond. And JennaMillere did respond with an almost identical email. I replied I want to cancel the order and receive a refund. I got another response @ 3 am containing the same BS. I called Amazon and learned that Amazon will only go after my $$$ until 3 days have passed from the latest promised delivery date (the 19th) and then it will take 1-2 weeks for the money to be refunded. Now the projected delivery date is 2/20-2/23. The woman I last talked to said she'd call me Sunday 2/23. With the projected 4-8 in of snow coming to NW Arizona tonight it's impossible to know when I'll get the bike. I should have my head examined.

I am pretty sure you won't lose your money of nothing shows up. AMZN is pretty good on that. It's odd that the seller still wants to ship it to you at a $270 discount. I see. It's not E-Go. It's a third party seller. Was that listed as a new bike? Sounds like a private party selling a used one. A commercial seller can hardly make any money selling that bike for $699.

Well the drama will end this weekend. AMZN returns your money or you get a bike on your door. If it's showing to be used, you have a good argument to ship it back. Get the paperwork and drop it off at a Kohls,

I am pretty sure you won't lose your money of nothing shows up. AMZN is pretty good on that. It's odd that the seller still wants to ship it to you at a $270 discount. I see. It's not E-Go. It's a third party seller. Was that listed as a new bike? Sounds like a private party selling a used one. A commercial seller can hardly make any money selling that bike for $699.

Well the drama will end this weekend. AMZN returns your money or you get a bike on your door. If it's showing to be used, you have a good argument to ship it back. Get the paperwork and drop it off at a Kohls,
New, not used. I've seen it one other time for $697

It's on Amazon right now for $699 new.

It's on Amazon right now for $699 new.

That's not the fatbike. It's thinner tires, However, the Ecotric 36V fatbike is down to $792. Also, they have a 20" folding fatbike for $779. My wife could use that for riding gravel trails as she has fallen with 1.5" tires. I am tempted.

That's not the fatbike. It's thinner tires, However, the Ecotric 36V fatbike is down to $792. Also, they have a 20" folding fatbike for $779. My wife could use that for riding gravel trails as she has fallen with 1.5" tires. I am tempted.
I get up quite early. At 3am or so it was the fat bike offered by a just launched seller ( which I will not deal with again. $699. I'm positive.

I get up quite early. At 3am or so it was the fat bike offered by a just launched seller ( which I will not deal with again. $699. I'm positive.
If you check Amazon right now, you will see an Ecotric , blue and black offered for $699 by Mac Russell (just launched.

Yes. I just saw it after you pointed it out. Max Russell just opened his storefront. Wouldn't that bother you? No sales. No reviews.

One possibility is that both E-go LLC and him are using the same drop shipper. and he is just testing the delivery process, willing to make no money on his first sale.

Yes. I just saw it after you pointed it out. Max Russell just opened his storefront. Wouldn't that bother you? No sales. No reviews.

One possibility is that both E-go LLC and him are using the same drop shipper. and he is just testing the delivery process, willing to make no money on his first sale.
Yes, it does bother me as I've seen two others ( just launched) one of which I ordered from and have been getting jerked around on the delivery date. Amazon is involved now, so I'm not really worried about the money, I just want the bike !

You might want to check this article about amazon scams.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/wadesh...sellers-run-amok-and-profit-big/#42c06bcf3ea6

If Forbes doesn't let you read this article, the gist of it is that a fradulent seller will delay you with promises and try to keep you from notifying Amazon. This is a pretty short window, and you lose Amazon's protection when the deadline expires. Announcing a delay is the first red flag. I hope you have a fraud or cancel case in progress on that first deal.

Another scam is when they contact you and want to be paid using an Amazon gift card. You do that and the money is unrecovereable.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/wadesh...sellers-run-amok-and-profit-big/#42c06bcf3ea6

If Forbes doesn't let you read this article, the gist of it is that a fradulent seller will delay you with promises and try to keep you from notifying Amazon. This is a pretty short window, and you lose Amazon's protection when the deadline expires. Announcing a delay is the first red flag. I hope you have a fraud or cancel case in progress on that first deal.

Another scam is when they contact you and want to be paid using an Amazon gift card. You do that and the money is unrecovereable.
Didn't use an Amazon gift card. After Saturday, if I don't receive the bike, Amazon's A toZ guarantee kicks in and it will take 1-2 weeks to get my money back. The last customer service representative I talked to said she'd call me Sunday. We'll see.

Didn't use an Amazon gift card. After Saturday, if I don't receive the bike, Amazon's A toZ guarantee kicks in and it will take 1-2 weeks to get my money back. The last customer service representative I talked to said she'd call me Sunday. We'll see.
Well, after spending a couple of hours over two days, I've convinced Amazon customer service that 3rd party seller Jenna Millerre is a scam. Without going into all the particulars, the seller was unresponsive to several questions, like "where is the bike shipped from ?and the tracking number never showed any movement. I suspect another "just launched" Max Russell could also be a scam. When I saw "just launched" by Jenna Millerre I thought every seller has to start somewhere. I have to admit my greed played a part also ($270 off). I also wonder if E-Go Bikes LLC is somehow involved. Live and learn. I doubt I'll ever see my $699. I'll just start saving again for a 48 v bike, which is what I wanted to begin with.

The article I read said the scammers get paid every two weeks, and you ordered it 10 days ago. Since you notified Amazon right away, I bet you get the money back.

The article I read said the scammers get paid every two weeks, and you ordered it 10 days ago. Since you notified Amazon right away, I bet you get the money back.
So scamming Amazon is a regular practice? I've never had a problem with Amazon. It's the &$#@# ing internet. Nobody has to be accountable.

Amazon refunded the $699. Waiting for the bank to let me have it. Thanks for the Forbes article. Enlightening

Amazon refunded the $699. Waiting for the bank to let me have it. Thanks for the Forbes article. Enlightening
I reordered the bike this morning thru Amazon/ Ego- bikes LLC. The description on Amazon says the bike has an " outage braking system". What is that ?

I reordered the bike this morning thru Amazon/ Ego- bikes LLC. The description on Amazon says the bike has an " outage braking system". What is that ?
That's most likely brake inhibitors. Brake lever activation cuts motor output. Might be a poor translation of Chinese/Mandarin to English.

Back