Ecotric 20" Folding Fatbike

I've built about a half dozen wheels, including three fat tire models. I prefer to use 14G spokes with 13G elbows, but I have done 13G to save a little money. My Ecotric 20" fat folder comes in about 2.6mm diameter on its spokes, which is 12G. EVen the front wheel is 12G.

I get the length from the inner edge of the hole to the rim at 127 mm, same as your 5 inches. Supposed to add the width of the rim and how high the top of the nipple sits above the rim, and that's usually about 2 mm.

However, replacement spokes are easier to install if they are on the short side. This works for a few spokes. If all the spokes were short, be hard to build the wheel. Anyway, if you have broken a few, you should know if the replacements had to be bent to go inside the hole, or if they swing freely just above it.

I get my spokes from this guy. He's in Chicago, but he sells on ebay. Send him a query for pricing. They probably won't believe you if you say inches. Change it to mm. Order the nipples too, as I found the chinese nipples fit poorly on spokes cut in the USA.

Thanks for your reply! Very helpful information here but please bear with me while I ask the following question, again trying to do it myself never done anything like this before. So, I should order 12G 128 mm (keeping them on the short side so as to be easier to install) also order the nipples to go along with the spokes? I think that's everything, thanks once more.

Yes. That's what I would do. You could probably get 30 spokes from China for 20 bucks, but it would take two months, and they would be cheap.

The US spoke vendors on ebay ship in 5 working days. CHildhood_dreams is another ebay seller. Pricing is better if you buy more then a few.

Yes. That's what I would do. You could probably get 30 spokes from China for 20 bucks, but it would take two months, and they would be cheap.

The US spoke vendors on ebay ship in 5 working days. CHildhood_dreams is another ebay seller. Pricing is better if you buy more then a few.
All right armed with this information I should be able to find what I need, thanks again.

Well I received the spokes and nipples from eBay but now I need new rim liner! Jeez it's always something ;) Anyway the liner on the bike says 20x50, looking for that size turns up minimal results. I've contacted Ecotric and they will usually answer within 48hrs but I figured I'd post here in the meantime. Thanks!

I have tried this on a new 20" wheel build, but I never put the completed wheel into use, because the new motor was too wide for my Ecotric. Doesn't come in blue. I reviewed it as too flexible. On the particular wheel I build, the tube sure pushed into the holes.

The old liner should work. I forgot. Is the Ecotric rim a double wall rim with the nipples recessed?

I have tried this on a new 20" wheel build, but I never put the completed wheel into use, because the new motor was too wide for my Ecotric. Doesn't come in blue. I reviewed it as too flexible. On the particular wheel I build, the tube sure pushed into the holes.

The old liner should work. I forgot. Is the Ecotric rim a double wall rim with the nipples recessed?

That's too funny, I saw your review before I came here. The rim is not double but now that I look at it I think I can move the rim strip to the side to get at the affected spokes. Stay tuned for more!

Hi all. I am trying to figure out if I am able to ride on this Ecotric 20" without any problems. I am at 5ft tall. The recommended height for this bike on the Ecotic specs is 5'1" at the shortest. The saddle height is 33" at the lowest. If I remove the rear reflector attached to the seat pole, will the saddle sits lower than 33". Thanks in advance for any advice!
We bought his and hers Dolphins. My wife is 4'-11" and could not seat on the seat (as low as it could go without reflector) and touch the ground with her tip toes. She needed a bike with a max "seat to ground" measurement of 25". I (5'-5") love my Dolphin and wish she could share the enjoyment cycling like a kid again. We have ordered a 16" electric trike for her.
Good luck. Just make sure you are comfortable on your new bike so you will look forward to riding.

Would someone mind providing me with the weight of the 48v/13ah version of the Ecotric 20" fat tire bike? How much does it weigh without the battery? Thanks!

Back