Ebiking is shown to be healthy in new study

Nirmala

Most of us know this already, but here is a study showing that ebiking is good for you:

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/12/06/major-study-shows-electric-bikes-good-for-health/

From the study:

There was moderate evidence that e-cycling provided physical activity of at least moderate intensity, which was lower than the intensity elicited during conventional cycling, but higher than that during walking. There was also moderate evidence that e-cycling can improve cardiorespiratory fitness in physically inactive individuals.

It is interesting that this study took into consideration the fact that e-bike riders generally travel greater distances and ride for longer periods of time. Most others articles I've read seem to ignore this fact.

Another consideration is an e-bike will provide you more or less exercise depending on how you use it. It's up to the rider, not the bike.

In years past, my riding season would be from late May to mid September. If I had to wear long pants or a jacket, it was "too cold" to ride. Well, now I occasionally go out at 30F if the sun is shining. Seen a lot of Fall color that I would have missed and getting exercise I would not have gotten.

Back