Ebikemotion X35 refuses to turn off!

BillTin

Region
United Kingdom
Hi, We have ebikemotion x35 on 3 bikes. For some reason, one of these refuses to stay turned off. After a press and hold reset it does go off but after maybe an hour it comes back on. Ive tried a number of times and now, only when I disconnect the motor it finally stays off. There does seem to be a connection to cold weather. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

I have been having the same problem with my e impulso
The bike won’t switch off
It randomly did this about a month ago
The dealer contacted mahle who have been unhelpful
The dealer did a firmware update and the bike reset itself and switched off
2 weeks later I have the same problem again and the bike won’t switch off!!
Any ideas ?
Mahle not replying to my dealer

I fixed an electric scooter for a co-worker. His scooter was outside and got wet. Trouble didn’t start right away. Eventually the power button was hard to depress. After cleaning it and playing with it for a while, the button would become stuck. Removing the battery worked to turn it off. I had to replace the entire display to get it to the scooter to operate properly. Your trouble description sounds like it could be moisture related. Since all the bikes are the same, would you be able to swap a known working one to the bike in trouble? That could work to narrow down the fault.

I fixed an electric scooter for a co-worker. His scooter was outside and got wet. Trouble didn’t start right away. Eventually the power button was hard to depress. After cleaning it and playing with it for a while, the button would become stuck. Removing the battery worked to turn it off. I had to replace the entire display to get it to the scooter to operate properly. Your trouble description sounds like it could be moisture related. Since all the bikes are the same, would you be able to swap a known working one to the bike in trouble? That could work to narrow down the fault.
I don’t have access to another bike but I wonder if your suggestion is correct
I always wash off my bike with the hose because it’s been so muddy and I wonder if I shouldn’t do this as the iwoc may be retaining moisture even though I dry it off after washing
I think I am going to stick it out in the sun this afternoon and see if this helps dry out any moisture !

Hi, We have ebikemotion x35 on 3 bikes. For some reason, one of these refuses to stay turned off. After a press and hold reset it does go off but after maybe an hour it comes back on. Ive tried a number of times and now, only when I disconnect the motor it finally stays off. There does seem to be a connection to cold weather. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Time to call Ghostbusters.

I would think the short term fix would be to simply unplug the battery. Its a case in a holder right? Just take it out of same.

Back