Ebikemotion levels of help

pdisley

My Ribble Sle turned up yesterday .I’m going out got my first ride tomorrow morning , I was wondering what percentage do you have levels set at ? Thanks

My Ribble Sle turned up yesterday .I’m going out got my first ride tomorrow morning , I was wondering what percentage do you have levels set at ? Thanks

Well “duh!” on me! I first thought Ribble Sle was a typo but Google showed an image of an ebike. And a great looking one!
I’m curious to see what kind of range you get.
Congrats! And keep posting.

Hopefully it should be the same as the Orbea Gain , but I live in a fairly hilly area . I should find out tomorrow

E838B3E3-5A57-44C0-A72E-11AA2A8C5AB7.jpeg

If you're in Devon? I would start off with all at 100% get a base line and work from there.

I have an Orbea Gain (which has the same motor and controller as the Ribble) and I've experimented with different power levels, primarily with power assistance level 1. The conclusion was that level 1 at 100% was too high for general use, 60% too low with 75% seemingly the sweet spot (for me). I left assistance levels 2 & 3 as they were as I appreciate the assistance they give on the hills.

Interestingly whatever power level I’ve used it doesn’t seem to affect the range too much, in fact some of the higher power assist levels actually give a better range than some of the lower levels. I haven’t got my head around this yet, my only thought is that the ebikemotion software guys produced an ‘ideal’ zone of about 12 to 14mph where everything just sort of clicks together and runs efficiently

Back