Ebike with all good parts and has a minimum of 50 miles per charge under $2,000?

TheChosenOne

Also from a good reputable company that has a bunch of dealers. Does it exist? If not what's the closest bike to what I'm looking for? Gonna use it to commute and on my free time riding anywhere from 10-50 miles per day

Also from a good reputable company that has a bunch of dealers. Does it exist? If not what's the closest bike to what I'm looking for? Gonna use it to commute and on my free time riding anywhere from 10-50 miles per day

Check out the Juiced Riders CrossCurrent ($1,499). Other than that, I'd recommend the Haibike SDURO Cross SM. It retails for $2,499, however, I've seen them for sale under $2k, and since it's end-of-season-sale time, I think any Haibike dealer with SDURO Cross SMs in stock would be willing to sell them at a discount. If you get the CrossCurrent, keep in mind that its base-level battery is a little on the small side, so you might consider choosing the upgraded battery option.

Check out the Juiced Riders CrossCurrent ($1,499). Other than that, I'd recommend the Haibike SDURO Cross SM. It retails for $2,499, however, I've seen them for sale under $2k, and since it's end-of-season-sale time, I think any Haibike dealer with SDURO Cross SMs in stock would be willing to sell them at a discount. If you get the CrossCurrent, keep in mind that its base-level battery is a little on the small side, so you might consider choosing the upgraded battery option.

The review on here for the Cross Current says one problem with the bike is the rear spokes can come loose and I'm guessing it has happened more than it should. Is this a big problem or minor?

The review on here for the Cross Current says one problem with the bike is the rear spokes can come loose and I'm guessing it has happened more than it should. Is this a big problem or minor?

That's a problem for any bicycle with spoked wheels. It's normal to have to adjust spoke tension every 1000 miles or so, and to have to replace some spokes every 5000 miles or so. The spokes on the CrossCurrent are thicker than normal so as to make them stronger and more able to support a heavy load. If anything, these spokes should be more reliable than the 13G/14G spokes used on road bikes due to their beefier thickness. Some people say that weaker/thinner spokes are better at bending and then bending right back into place, however, it's entirely theoretical/anecdotal, and there is no solid data indicating that thicker spokes are less reliable.

I assume your 50 mile range includes a decent amount of pedaling. I'd recommend something like a 700 watt-hour battery or bigger, but your mileage may vary. Watt-hours = volts * amp-hours. You could get away with less with harder pedaling. Going fast, lots of hills, and lots of starts and stops would shorten your range. Going slow with lots of pedaling would extend your range.

I'm most familiar with Pedegos, and they meet your requirements except for price. Our cheapest bike is $2295 MSRP, and you'd have to upgrade to the extended range battery for another $300, and I think you'd still have to pedal too much to get the range you need. It's doable, but most people who buy ebikes don't want to work that hard. The Pedegos with big enough batteries to comfortably do 50 miles with moderate pedaling run $3295 MSRP, well out of your price range. On the plus side, we have an extensive dealer nextwork and an excellent reputation for quality and customer service.

I wouldn't worry too much about a bike that requires more frequent spoke tensioning. Doing a rough spoke adjustment isn't too hard after you've done it a few times, and it's part of most bike tune-ups. Then again, it might mean the wheel would need to be trued more often, and that's more involved. Keeping proper spoke tension is more important if you carry more weight or ride on rougher roads.

The CrossCurrent with the largest (currently available) 10.4 Ah battery won't take you 50 miles. I commute 24 miles a day on it and have ridden as far as 30 miles on lower power settings. I'd be very surprised if it went over 40 miles.

As for spokes, I've had two break in five months. After two months the rear wheel spokes badly needed adjustments. The following two weeks I rode the bike twice, because both times a spoke broke and I had to wait for the weekend to go to the dealer. Two months on and I haven't had any more spoke problems.

If you can live without the 50 mile range and can get a hold of the larger battery the Cross Current is a good bike. Pedego definitely has the advantage with dealers everywhere, but they didn't have a bike in my price range.

The CrossCurrent with the largest (currently available) 10.4 Ah battery won't take you 50 miles. I commute 24 miles a day on it and have ridden as far as 30 miles on lower power settings. I'd be very surprised if it went over 40 miles.

As for spokes, I've had two break in five months. After two months the rear wheel spokes badly needed adjustments. The following two weeks I rode the bike twice, because both times a spoke broke and I had to wait for the weekend to go to the dealer. Two months on and I haven't had any more spoke problems.

If you can live without the 50 mile range and can get a hold of the larger battery the Cross Current is a good bike. Pedego definitely has the advantage with dealers everywhere, but they didn't have a bike in my price range.

When does the 23.4 Ah come out? I see on their site it says 10.4Ah can go 33 miles which is about right with what you're saying so I am assuming they aren't exaggerating like 99% of other brands and dealers do and the Cross Current spec page says 23.4 Ah can last around 75 miles. Is 75 miles per charge on the 23.4 Ah doable?

I've been looking for news about the 23.4 battery, but have seen nothing since it was announced.

33 miles isn't an exaggeration, but you won't be going 28mph either. When I did 30 miles I was only going 14 or 16 mph (at a guess). Could've gone further too. But I didn't buy it to go fast, only to make my commute easier, since 120 miles per week was murder on an old mountain bike.

Back