Ebike bumper stickers

If you could put a bumper sticker on your ebike, what would it say?

Let's keep it clean and respectful of drivers and pedestrians. Safer not to tempt them.

The idea came to me when @Rexlion offered these bumper sticker-worthy words of wisdom in another thread:

Still thinking of my own sticker.

I added these to both of our Sports.

Attachments

• Sticker.jpg
    Sticker.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 106
On a side note, anyone seeing less bumper stickers these days?

Growing up a number of decades ago they were almost ubiquitous, often just advertising a local radio station or sports team. These days I rarely see them at all, and usually only to signal some tribal identity (eco warrior, cowboy, or bogan pride) or on some provisional drivers car making some obscene devil-may-care statement (kids.. what are they like..).

Is that the case in other people's countries?
One I've often thought of would be "Hell is other drivers." Maybe not quite suitable for a bike, though? Maybe "Hell is cars parking in the bike lane." Or "Hell is drivers zoning out on their devices." Or, "What the hell are you looking down here for? Pay attention to the road." Maybe too aggressive?

One I've often thought of would be "Hell is other drivers." Maybe not quite suitable for a bike, though? Maybe "Hell is cars parking in the bike lane." Or "Hell is drivers zoning out on their devices." Or, "What the hell are you looking down here for? Pay attention to the road." Maybe too aggressive?
Well, everybody can relate to "Hell is other drivers". So you might not be a putting a target on your back with that one.

In all fairness, I've seen MANY irresponsible ebikers in action here in coastal SoCal. Out in the open for all to see. So we don't exactly hold the high ground. Wreckless riders are a big part of the problem, and they'll quickly kill our access to roads and trails and even bikeways if we let them.

Mountain biking stood at a similar crossroads in Marin County, CA in the mid-1980s, when the sport was very new. The Marin MTB community saved trail access only by taking self-reform seriously.

Last edited:
I agree with Jeremy on this. I've done stupid things, reckless things and dangerous things on my ebike. I've since taken my riding serious and I'm paying attention to my bad riding habits and trying to keep them in check.

Now, back to stickers. I have a small Malossi sticker on my Fit, only because it has a variator and my motor scooter has a Malossi modded variator in it. But other than that I don't put any stickers on that attract attention. I'd rather mix in, be stealth and lay low.

Only car I see on a regular basis nowadays with actual chrome bumpers, with the little black rubber strips down the middle, is a 80's Dodge Omni. And I only notice it because that was my first car. A older lady with crazy colored hair drives it.

Have you ever noticed with a new car, that if you even brush these plastic cover things the bumper "cover" comes off, usually with the license plate still on it. My wife longs for the old style real bumper car days. I refuse to drive anything 90's and below. Last old car I had was a 64 Impala station wagon. I don't miss it one bit.

I did eye up a Dodge Omni Shelby GLHS on Bring A Trailer but that site lists 80% junk, 10% projects worth the time and the last 10% is concourse "Don't dare drive." items. The Omni fell under the junk category. I just hate working on old cars, it was never a hobby for me.
My favorite car of all time was a 1930 Model A Ford. Most fun car to drive of anything I've ever had. Talk about bumpers: the front was a huge horizontal spring that would bounce you off any obstacle, including another car, with no damage to either one. The rear had two of the same, with space between for the spare tire. Bumpers nowadays are intentionally fragile. Price replacements to see how true this is.

Back