Easy motion 2018 evo street pro vs city wave

Maxey

I am considering these 2 bikes. I am 5'4". I plan to go visit a LBS soon, but can't seem to find a recommendation online as to whether my height would be better for the 26" wheels of the Street or the 28" wheels of the city wave. Yes there are other variables, but is there a starting point here? I absolutely know i want a step through, and so far I like the look of the easy motion bikes best. Opinions? Thanks.

I am considering these 2 bikes. I am 5'4". I plan to go visit a LBS soon, but can't seem to find a recommendation online as to whether my height would be better for the 26" wheels of the Street or the 28" wheels of the city wave. Yes there are other variables, but is there a starting point here? I absolutely know i want a step through, and so far I like the look of the easy motion bikes best. Opinions? Thanks.

Hands down EVO Street Pro.
City would be too large for you.

I tried an evo street today. Yes, that's the bike for me. They had the 2017 version, and I expect to order a 2018. Nice, really nice.

@Maxey agreed that the 26” Evo Street is for you. Some great updates on the 2018 models that really make this the model to get like upgraded battery and most importantly a much more precise torque sensor due to the new thru axle on the rear. Basically make it a better riding experience. We’re BIG fans of the 2018 bikes.

Let us know if you ever have any questions about the bike.

All the best,

William
Shop.scooteretti.com

I found out yesterday how important the torque sensor is. The 2017 street is more sensitive than other e bikes I have ridden, and if the 2018 is even more sensitive?? Yowsa!

I found out yesterday how important the torque sensor is. The 2017 street is more sensitive than other e bikes I have ridden, and if the 2018 is even more sensitive?? Yowsa!
Actually the sensor setup is more responsive on the 2018 models which results in a smoother ride. So its a really nice ride. I have been out n the bike several times and I am very impressed with the 2018 model.

@Maxey agreed that the 26” Evo Street is for you. Some great updates on the 2018 models that really make this the model to get like upgraded battery and most importantly a much more precise torque sensor due to the new thru axle on the rear. Basically make it a better riding experience. We’re BIG fans of the 2018 bikes.

All the best,

William
Shop.scooteretti.com
William, thank you, I will. I am probably going to wait to buy a bike until Thule comes out with the improved version of their easy fold carrier in march 2018. The ramp is said to be sturdier on the new one.

Indeed ramp on new model folds up and attaches to the rack. The current model has a ramp that extends outwards and is about 24" long so you would want to keep it in the vehicle.

We have a video coming up shortly on the rack and will post it once it is released. But the rack is pretty much the same.

Absolutely. Bike has come in to the shop, and I will pick it up on thursdsy.
Great! Hope you got a good deal. Now you can take the rebate $$$ and put towards some cool accessories haha!

The new torque sensors must be very nice too for 2018. I would like to test them myself. The TMM4 sensor on my EM ebike are very sensitive and gets me up to over 20mph within seconds with very little effort on the pedals. Enjoy!

All the best,

William
Shop.scooteretti.com
Hi William- I have my bike! Evo street pro. 2018. And i already have a question. I think i remember reading that a mirror can be screwed into the end of tne left handlebar, but it's not real clear how or where exactly.
I forgot to ask at the store. What do you know?
I took a short ride this afternoon- such a good fit for me.

Nothing going on currently in terms of manufacturers rebates.

Thanks for the quick reply. I've been to your website several times looking for the perfect ebike. I'm in London and if I have the right shop, you're in Ottawa. Just found the Easy Motion bikes and I'm quite taken with them. First I wanted a bike with fat tires for the wow effect, then I became a little more sensible and started looking at the city bikes. I'm a senior and really don't see myself going off road too much. I do want a throttle. For ease of use, the Evo City Wave Pro interests me. Then I really like the looks of the Evo City Nitro. Tough call without being able to sit on them and go for a ride. Any comments?

Great that you checked us out and indeed we are the same Scooteretti in Ottawa. We always recommend calling in and chatting with one of our staff who can really help you out.

Back