E14 reversal

webcurl

Region
Australia
Does anyone know if you can take a, let's say R&M E14 Rohloff and convert it to an "External Gear Mech" manual shift?
Of course providing you can get the 2 cables through your frame, etc. So i wonder if the Superdelite has space to fit 2 cables through.
The Rohloff website mentions that the E14 is backward compatible with all existing Speedhub 500/14's.

Technically this is possible, but you would need new software to do it. Keep in mind they use the same frames for all configurations of their bikes.

Has R&M (and Rohloff) changed their mind yet on retrofitting the E14 system to a Delite GX Rohloff (2018 chain drive) with manual shifting.? I was told by R&M directly that they won't do it. I'm happy with the manual system for the time being but might consider an upgrade later on.

Has R&M (and Rohloff) changed their mind yet on retrofitting the E14 system to a Delite GX Rohloff (2018 chain drive) with manual shifting.? I was told by R&M directly that they won't do it. I'm happy with the manual system for the time being but might consider an upgrade later on.

There is an E14 retrofit kit. Ask your dealer if they can acquire it and whether it is possible with your bike. The kit is about $750 last time I looked.

G & O Family Cyclery in Seattle did a Rohloff e=14 retrofit on my wife's 2018 Homage Rohloff HS. I would be surprised if there is a problem doing the same on a Delight.

I'm sorry to do a 180 on this and get back to my original question and ask if anyone knows for certain if it's possible to convert E14 -> Manual shift?
I really don't like the idea of not being able to shift gears if i'm in the middle of no-where after the reserve power for e-shifting has been exhausted and a re-charge is many, many hills and km's away.

Dave Berry recently reported running out of battery for assist. As previously cited, when this occurs there is was sufficient juice remaining to provide lighting and shifting...not sure for how long though.

The most difficult part of the reversal to manual shift process will be changing back the motor programming. I still have all the cables, shifter, hardware, etc bagged up as left overs from my e-14 upgrade.

I'm sorry to do a 180 on this and get back to my original question and ask if anyone knows for certain if it's possible to convert E14 -> Manual shift?
I really don't like the idea of not being able to shift gears if i'm in the middle of no-where after the reserve power for e-shifting has been exhausted and a re-charge is many, many hills and km's away.

Have you tried talking to the guys at the one authorized service center in AUS?

It seems to me that the easier (relatively speaking, of course) solution is to figure out how to control the actuator if you are in a pinch. The integration with the Bosch system is only to ease off the motor while shifting gears, which is functionality you wouldn’t need in your scenario.

Back