E-Glide ST review

Hi Rav. Sorry I’m late to the party as I just saw your blog. If you haven’t purchased yet, we have five ST riders here and have formed out E-Glide club. I’ve ridden 500 miles since purchasing. No issues to speak of. Great power and range. I ride in mode 2and 3 and range is 40-50 miles. All five of us love our bike and ride as often as possible. Call Dave at eglide. Great guy and great service. You will not be disappointed with the ST. See photo of our guys in earlier post.

I love the Mondial tires. Riding mainly on asphalt bike trails here in the Sacramento area. We find the ride to be very smooth. This bike is everything I was looking for and I spent months doing research. I hike and bike with a bunch of guys and so far, four of them have recently purchased the ST, all with Mondial tires. We have also gone with a 41 tooth front sprocket which seems a better gearing option than the standard. Many bikers on our well used trails are now seeing five E-Glide bikers riding in convoy. Yes, heads turn as we skip by with ease. Perhaps we should start an e-glide club. One of our group prefers more exercise and has run up 70 miles on a single charge. He uses power mainly for hills. I use the power mode riding mostly in number 3. Today I'm at 30 miles with three bars remaining. I'm getting on average 40 miles per charge but could go further. For new users, it took me about three rides to figure out the best power options for my comfort level. If you're considering an e-glide ST from Dave in Santa Monica you won't go wrong and the five of us here in Sacramento recommend this bike.
If you make a club I’m in!
I’m in Fair Oaks and would like to ride with a group. Now I just need to buy the bike LOL

@Mike Nemeth I wonder if you'd be willing to look at this image of the steep incline (5% by my calculations) at the end of my commute home that I exported from my Garmin and give me your thoughts. The more I've been reading here on the forums, I'm concerned that the E-Glide ST, or any rear hub motor for that matter, isn't going to make this ascent on a daily basis and I need to be considering a mid-drive. I'm 220# with maybe an extra 5-10# in cargo. I hate to get the ST and find out my wife's still going to have to pick me up at the bottom of the hill. Thanks.

From what I can see from the photo the ST should have no problem with an incline like this. I ride regularly a 35 mile loop which ends with a 1.1 mile steep incline. Not sure of the grade but when I had a regular bike, I often had to walk up the last 400 yards! With my ST, I ride up it towards always towards the end of my rides using power level 4 with battery to spare. In my opinion, the powerful 500w motor is more than adequate. I ride with a group of guys, all with EGlide ST’s. A couple of the guys are well over 6’6” and over 220lbs. So far we never had a problem. I would recommend you talk with Dave at EGlide. He’s honest, and would give you a fair evaluation of how this bike would fit your specific needs.

Thank for the response. I'll give Dave a call. I've tried contacting him through his website but never get a response.

Hi, I'm coming up to 11 months with the ST now and the only problem I have is the remote lock up cable does not seem to be engaging. I tried the adjuster nut on the handlebar and it doesn't seem to help. I took the two allen screws off that holds it to the shock and it looks like it is set at the factory. The cable slides a metal part over the pin on the fork cartridge to engage it. When I push down on the pin myself it seems to engage the lock out. So I called Dave at E-Glide and 5 minutes later he is sending me a new remote lockout cable. Great service. I still love the bike. It still rides fine since now I just have a suspension fork all the time. I recommended if he would make a bigger battery like 14.5 Amps in the future. Maybe a couple of years down the line when peoples batteries no longer take a charge and their looking for a replacement.

Hi Mike. I'm at 750 miles on mine since last August and still love it. It's been quite wet these last few weeks so haven't been out much but did manage two rides (on same charge) the last few days totaling 45 miles. I have two bars remaining so good for another ten miles. The remote lock problem. Try loosening the very tiny allen screw at the side close to the two you took off. (No need to take the take the cap off on top of the shock). This releases the cable, pull the cable as tight as you can with a pair of pliers and re-tighten the allen screw. Have fixed a couple this way. We have 9 E-Gliders here now, all with different experiences, but all love their bikes. I think the larger Amp battery will only serve those who want long distances. I'm happy with 40 - 50 miles on one charge riding in PAS 2 and #3 for hills. Rarely use 4 or 5 now.
Roland

Roland, thanks for pointing that out. I completely missed it. Before I called Dave I saw the metal lock piece for the cable under the cap, pulled the cable through the hole at the end so I could reach the lock screw and ended up not being able to thread the cable through the hole again. In other words I mucked the whole thing up by cutting the cable to short to fit under the cap. Not as smart as I like to think I am. Luckily Dave is going to send me a new lock cable I guess. So next time I will definitely know better.

I couldn't find that information anywhere. I know it is located on the top of the battery holder for easy access. You might want to call Dave at E-Glide.

Back