E-bike specific Internal Gear Hub by Shimano for 2019

Shimano Nexus Steps 7 speed in hub gearing i have on my now new e bike, and was what i had on my non e bike for many yrs
and never had any problem at all with gearing inside hub .

And in fact much prefer it , as get no problems with in hub gearing at all ive found .
And my non ebike is still going great with same gearing inside hub 7 speed , although ive put it away
with the getting a new e bike with the same Shimano Nexux 7 speed in the hub gearing
though not went out hardly at all so far for now .

Whereas Derraileur gearing nothing but problems in time , plus costly if paying to get fixed.
I always prefer in the hub gearing over any other way as dont get problems .

I had an old DYNO Enduro beach cruiser a long time ago. It had the older Nexus 8 speed hub? Had the cable that wrapped around the hub, not the new style outboard window. Bike was a tank until..... I pissed off a cab driver in New York and when he saw my bike locked up in front of a conveyance store later in the night he rammed my bike and took off! It broke the rear axle on the hub but it got me back to my truck before crunching to a stop. Let me tell you the inside of those hubs are COMPLICATED! I should have just purchased a replacement rear wheel but I'm a glutton for punishment! I ended up converting it to a newer Nexus after my rebuild started making weird noises.

Back