E-bike Shopping: Juicedbikes (crosscurrent S) vs. Radcity vs. Addmotor (Hithot H5) vs. Cyclotricity vs. Ego (Seagull)

ck1224

I've done a lot of electric bike research on the internet lately. I live in Houston where a lot of streets are bumpy, torn up, potholes etc. and I may do some light off-roading, trails, etc. so would like at least a front suspension e-bike for more comfort.

I'm 6' 1" with a 33.5" to 35" inseam (depending on what shoes I wear), so I am looking for a mid-priced e-bike that is fast and comfortable: 24 to 28 mph, 500 watts and up with either front or full suspension, frame size: 19" to 21".

Addmotor (German Company): has a new Hithot H5 bike with 6.5" front suspension fork and rear suspension and it is built for tall people at least 6'. price is $1.599 at Reallygoodbikes.com right now, normally $1,999.

Juicedbikes: out of stock right now in XL and XXL frame sizes price is $1,699

Radcity: 19" frame size should work and it is about $1,499.

Cyclotricity: US website doesn't have 20" option but the UK website has the 20" frame size option. $1,500 or so.

Ego (Seagull): 1000W fast e-bike with a really weird frame geometry that makes it hard to lock or chain up if needed outside. but price is as cheap as $999 on E-bay.

Any thoughts on these or other bikes I might have missed (looking to spend less than $2k).

I've done a lot of electric bike research on the internet lately. I live in Houston where a lot of streets are bumpy, torn up, potholes etc. and I may do some light off-roading, trails, etc. so would like at least a front suspension e-bike for more comfort.

I'm 6' 1" with a 33.5" to 35" inseam (depending on what shoes I wear), so I am looking for a mid-priced e-bike that is fast and comfortable: 24 to 28 mph, 500 watts and up with either front or full suspension, frame size: 19" to 21".

Addmotor (German Company): has a new Hithot H5 bike with 6.5" front suspension fork and rear suspension and it is built for tall people at least 6'. price is $1.599 at Reallygoodbikes.com right now, normally $1,999.

Juicedbikes: out of stock right now in XL and XXL frame sizes price is $1,699

Radcity: 19" frame size should work and it is about $1,499.

Cyclotricity: US website doesn't have 20" option but the UK website has the 20" frame size option. $1,500 or so.

Ego (Seagull): 1000W fast e-bike with a really weird frame geometry that makes it hard to lock or chain up if needed outside. but price is as cheap as $999 on E-bay.

Any thoughts on these or other bikes I might have missed (looking to spend less than $2k).
Biktrix and M2S have bikes in your price range.

Have you tried the compare function on this site?

Frame sizes vary widely from what I've experienced - what is labelled as large on some bikes are mediums on others - sadly, few of the low-cost or mid-range bikes offer geometry details.

I really liked what I saw from M2S & an email I sent late at night was answered almost immediately which may or may not be an indication of good customer service.

I really liked what I saw from M2S & an email I sent late at night was answered almost immediately which may or may not be an indication of good customer service.

The XL Crosscurrent S will be available in mid-June. I like the owner's videos showing the bike off and the bike will get up to 30 mph in sport mode. I'll check out your recommendation as I am still looking around. The M2S commuter bike is very similar to the Crosscurrent S bike.

Last edited:
The XL Crosscurrent S will be available in mid-June. I like the owner's videos showing the bike off and the bike will get up to 30 mph in sport mode. I'll check out your recommendation as I am still looking around. The M2S commuter bike is very similar to the Crosscurrent S bike.
I don't know much about either company since I'm still shopping myself so I don't really know but there's a few threads on people who are looking for their orders from Juiced. That wouldn't give me the best feeling if I paid for something that didn't show up on the expected date. I don't own either & have no axe to grind so check the threads yourself.

I don't know much about either company since I'm still shopping myself so I don't really know but there's a few threads on people who are looking for their orders from Juiced. That wouldn't give me the best feeling if I paid for something that didn't show up on the expected date. I don't own either & have no axe to grind so check the threads yourself.

I've heard great things about Juiced from multiple sources about their bikes; however, it can take quite a while to get a pre-ordered bike due to their popularity, shipment backlog or shipment issues, etc. So, it sounds like patience and lag times are the greatest issue with them.

Back