e-bike hatred.. I've found it

I figure my age & past injuries have earned a right to ebike, & iffin they don´t like it, that´s too dam bad.
¨ A man needs an edge¨ Chief Dan George

There will always be those that begrudge anything new I suppose. One article I read went so far as suggesting that if you are no longer able to pedal up steep hills then you should just quit riding bicycles altogether and rot, sitting in a recliner

This goes back to the horse & buggy era when the horseless carriage first appeared. There was a public backlash at the time which eventually went nowhere. Hopefully, the same will be true with the emergence of the e-bike.

This goes back to the horse & buggy era when the horseless carriage first appeared. There was a public backlash at the time which eventually went nowhere. Hopefully, the same will be true with the emergence of the e-bike.

Well, they did put my grandad´s horse & mule business under. I still hold a grudge. Born in 1862, he was 90 when I was 3.

Last edited:
There will always be those that begrudge anything new I suppose. One article I read went so far as suggesting that if you are no longer able to pedal up steep hills then you should just quit riding bicycles altogether and rot, sitting in a recliner
The recliner destroyed my Dad's brain in the second year of retirement. I'm going on 10 years retirement now, 8 years without running my car. Tell me again how selfish I am to use a motor in 20 mph headwinds?

Back