Dropper Seatpost

I agree... here's a thread for you! ;)

I have already participated in one of John's "apples to apples" thread in the Specialized forum. I have no knowledge on Bosch motors, so no use for me to take part there.

Can this be used to set seat height and lower the seat when getting on ? I have a bad hip and find it hard to get my leg over with my seat in riding position .
Go to this great video on seatposts. Go to around the 4 minute mark for dropper seatpost discussion. There apparently is also a dropper and suspension seatpost combo.

I dont care about suspension but I need a dropper that will drop 4 and 1/8 inches and I dont see one . I guess I'll try to sell my bike and build on a smaller framed bike . Perhaps change wheels out from 26 to 20 " if thats even possible ?My fattie is just too damn tall for me . Thanks .

My Forte brand from the Nashbar website has about a 5” drop range for $110. That price will probably be pretty hard to beat and I’ve been using mine for a month or more with great results.

One type of bike that you might find easy to ride are the Electra cruiser type bikes. The really slack seat tube angle makes it easy to both have leg extension for pedaling and be able to put down your feet when stopped.

I have no problem riding once I get on it , getting on and off that hurts my hip . I also only want a fat bike . I guess I'm going to buy a 14" or 15" frame fattie off of BD and put a mid drive in it . If I could find a step through fattie I would buy one of those . My wifes step through is a breeze for me but it's not a fattie .

@jangles I am not sure if I'm understanding you, but there are plenty of dropper posts that will do 4 1/8" . Most droppers are advertised in metric and with 254 mm to an inch, you need somewhere around 100 or 110 mm. Here's a link to a site previously mentioned, with it filtered to 110mm.

But when you raise it it comes up about 5" and thats too tall for me .

They are infinitely adjustable when you press the release lever. You can set it anywhere from the highesr to the lowest point of travel. Where everyou stop it, it locks there.

I'm not sure I understand me either ! lol I'm just going to sell my bike and buy another one . Thanks for the replies .

Seems extreme to me, but it's your money. Of course if there's more to this than stepover height, I understand.

Oh ? I was thinking once you hit the lever it popped all the way back up and wouldnt hold anywhere else . That may work then . I was thinking of this one as I dont want to run a cable . https://www.jensonusa.com/KS-ETEN-L...FItfet6oXlHYnxSkhobGLEXSqRwO4tKBoCAIYQAvD_BwE

The cable lets you keep your hands on the grips instead of having to reach under the seat like the lever models require. Not a big deal probably, but then neither is running the cable to the bars either.

I dont care about suspension but I need a dropper that will drop 4 and 1/8 inches and I dont see one .
I guess I'll try to sell my bike and build on a smaller framed bike . Perhaps change wheels out from 26 to 20 " if thats even possible ? My fattie is just too damn tall for me . Thanks .

Oh ? I was thinking once you hit the lever it popped all the way back up and wouldnt hold anywhere else . That may work then .
I was thinking of this one as I dont want to run a cable . https://www.jensonusa.com/KS-ETEN-L...FItfet6oXlHYnxSkhobGLEXSqRwO4tKBoCAIYQAvD_BwE

I would reconsider selling your bike unless you fully understand the infinite range settings available on a dropper post. ;)

Last edited:

Here you go!
I have this one on my Delite and an delighted with it ;)

I think you may need to visit a local bike shop and speak to a knowledgeable employee, and get them to help you to a sensible solution. 😉

That may well be what I should do but I wont . I dont go anywhere with the Kung Flu running around . Open heart surgery and other problem prevent me from even wanting to .
I would reconsider selling your bike unless you fully understand the infinite range settings available on a dropper post. ;)

Why , I dont have any emotional connection to it plus it's hub drives and I want a mid so whether I keep it or not I'm still going to build a smaller mid drive fat bike . I love my mid drive in the Fito Cruiser that I built so thats the way I'm going this time with another fattie .

I have a Wallke X3 Pro folding bike for about a month. I'm 6'4" tall and fortunate to be a 78 year old in good health. Because of my height I bought this 26" bike and love it. I am thrilled to find that others have exactly the problem I've discovered. The bike is comfortable with the seat raised but I struggle getting my leg over the seat when mounting the bike.

I'm glad to read that the dropper is the solution to this problem. Now I need to learn what's appropriate for a this folding bike: cabling internal, external and no cable. Any suggestion of advise is welcome.

I have a Wallke X3 Pro folding bike for about a month. I'm 6'4" tall and fortunate to be a 78 year old in good health. Because of my height I bought this 26" bike and love it. I am thrilled to find that others have exactly the problem I've discovered. The bike is comfortable with the seat raised but I struggle getting my leg over the seat when mounting the bike.

I'm glad to read that the dropper is the solution to this problem. Now I need to learn what's appropriate for a this folding bike: cabling internal, external and no cable. Any suggestion of advise is welcome.
My preference is still the external with cable attached where the post enters the frame tube. This requires the least cable run to the bar lever, and is very easy to install and run the cable. The cable is secure and unexposed. Here is a link to an example similar to what I have installed.

Last edited:
Back