Dropper Seatpost

My preference is still the external with cable attached where the post enters the frame tube. This requires the least cable run to the bar lever, and is very easy to install and run the cable. The cable is secure and unexposed
That does sound like a great solution. I will see how the cable can be routed on the Wallke. The Forte dropper you have is no longer available online. Plus it's now $150. That's The top of my spending limit. Too bad.

That does sound like a great solution. I will see how the cable can be routed on the Wallke. The Forte dropper you have is no longer available online. Plus it's now $150. That's The top of my spending limit. Too bad.
I did a quick web search and found a similar device for $135 at the link below. They seem to have a variety of configurations that may suit your needs. I cannot vouch for their quality or policies however.

Thank you for the suggestion but I've tried to limit the cost to $150. With the TranzX I'll need to buy the cable and lever. Also, my seat post tube is 34.9mm I'll need to by a adapter sleeve. Apparently that's not a common size. I found the DNM dropper that has received good video reviews:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0888C8CQ2/ref=crt_ewc_img_dp_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1C9T7ACO5T769
Again, thanks for the response.

UPDATE: I'm following up on your suggestion and looking at reviews. I see that this dropper does come with the necessary hardware. Soooo.... more research is in order.

Last edited:
Thank you for the suggestion but I've tried to limit the cost to $150. With the TranzX I'll need to buy the cable and lever. Also, my seat post tube is 34.9mm I'll need to by a adapter sleeve. Apparently that's not a common size. I found the DNM dropper that has received good video reviews:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0888C8CQ2/ref=crt_ewc_img_dp_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1C9T7ACO5T769
Again, thanks for the response.

UPDATE: I'm following up on your suggestion and looking at reviews. I see that this dropper does come with the necessary hardware. Soooo.... more research is in order.
My only other suggestion is to get one with at least 125-150mm of travel. If you look at the pics in my first post, you can see the range I'm getting with 125mm. From flatfooted to tippy toes. I don't really need it, but an extra 1" wouldn't hurt either. They are a very much worth it to me, and I think you will appreciate the change also.

I have a Wallke X3 Pro folding bike for about a month. I'm 6'4" tall and fortunate to be a 78 year old in good health. Because of my height I bought this 26" bike and love it. I am thrilled to find that others have exactly the problem I've discovered. The bike is comfortable with the seat raised but I struggle getting my leg over the seat when mounting the bike.

I'm glad to read that the dropper is the solution to this problem. Now I need to learn what's appropriate for a this folding bike: cabling internal, external and no cable. Any suggestion of advise is welcome.

Wallke X3 Pro.jpg

Adding an externally cabled dropper to your bike should be fairly easy ... just bundle the cable with the existing ones.

If your seat post diameter is 30.9 or 31.6 mm a PNW Cascade dropper offers a 125, 150 or 175 mm of travel depending on the seat collar to rails and full insertion measurements.

Because I'm not going to be doing any high speed technical off-road riding :) , I installed a dropper that is controlled by a lever under the seat.

Kind Shock eTEN Lever 125mm Dropper

This works great for me. It allows me to get on and off without embarrassing myself. Tis is terrific.
A great solution if you don't need a remote lever... also more cost-effective. ;)

1614034360266.png

Last edited:
Having the lever on the handlebar allows me to drop the seat at the same time as braking. Being short legged, I need to get the seat down quickly so I don't fall over. This is especially necessary when something makes me stop to avoid an accident.

Having the lever on the handlebar allows me to drop the seat at the same time as braking. Being short legged, I need to get the seat down quickly so I don't fall over. This is especially necessary when something makes me stop to avoid an accident.
Good point! What ebike do you have and which dropper and lever are you using?

Back