Dropper post

I thought some droppers couldn't use the lever/cable.
We could just replace the Giant dropper with a OneUp V2, reusing the existing cable and lever. I've just asked my brother how he do it. He said:
"The levers and cables are standard. The only function of the lever and cable is to pull a part in the dropper to activate it. When I was replacing the dropper, I just needed to detach the end of the cable from the Giant dropper and re-attach it to the V2. The only extra action I had to do was pulling the dropper cable towards the handlebars to adjust the cable length".

Catch: Just buy a better dropper and let the workshop do the work.

P.S. I assume the TranzX does use a lever?!

We could just replace the Giant dropper with a OneUp V2, reusing the existing cable and lever. I've just asked my brother how he do it. He said:
"The levers and cables are standard. The only function of the lever and cable is to pull a part in the dropper to activate it. When I was replacing the dropper, I just needed to detach the end of the cable from the Giant dropper and re-attach it to the V2. The only extra action I had to do was pulling the dropper cable towards the handlebars to adjust the cable length".

Catch: Just buy a better dropper and let the workshop do the work.
Yeah I think that's the way to do it

A good Maintenace plan is to get some Finish line Stanchion lube. Wipe down the shaft every few rides and apply a few drops to the provided cloth and put it on the shaft, if it's a muddy ride rinse it off and then do it. If you ride in the snow like me, do it before you head out on your ride each morning. Takes less than thirty seconds! do the same for your shocks.

Back