Does anyone here own a daymak mini Pithog? Please help!!!

Tokohiphop

Region
Canada
Hello I recently bought a daymak mini Pithog for my daughter, the throttle was broken back tire was slashed and the side panels missing.
I was told it worked perfectly before the throttle broke, I replaced the throttle and have new tires on the way the problem now is that even with the new throttle I am getting no power to the wheel (I tested the motor on its own and it works) I am hoping one of you fine humans owns one of these and can go threw the wiring from the controller and help me be sure it’s wired properly. Of the wires are ran properly then I can narrow it down to a bad controller. Picture for attention!!!

Attachments

• ADA91A3C-04A4-4638-96EE-4621DDC14A33.jpeg
    ADA91A3C-04A4-4638-96EE-4621DDC14A33.jpeg
    599.4 KB · Views: 96
  • BCF37EE4-E5F4-4593-AF3E-3ABFA54AEA4B.jpeg
    BCF37EE4-E5F4-4593-AF3E-3ABFA54AEA4B.jpeg
    484.5 KB · Views: 88
If it were me and I had that little electric dirt bike, I'd do a KT conversion.

You've got a working motor, and a working battery.
That's all you need to install a KT conversion kit.
You don't need to have pedals or a PAS sensor installed. (I have no PAS sensor connected)

Ditch EVERYTHING on the dirt bike and do a clean install starting with the motor and battery and build it up from there.

A couple hundred bucks will Get Er Dun.

No need to try and troubleshoot a troublesome system with little documentation.

I used to do the same thing installing a car stereo.
I'd bypass the entire OEM stereo. Id start from the battery and do a completely separate stereo installation.

PS,.. I used to go through Kintore on my way home from London to Kitchener.
Way funner ride than the 401 and way less cops.
I'd go over 110 mph, but slow down to the speed limit for the towns, that's where the cops were hanging out.

Ps,.. My 550 Nighthawk didn't have pedals either.

If it were me and I had that little electric dirt bike, I'd do a KT conversion.

You've got a working motor, and a working battery.
That's all you need to install a KT conversion kit.
You don't need to have pedals or a PAS sensor installed. (I have no PAS sensor connected)

Ditch EVERYTHING on the dirt bike and do a clean install starting with the motor and battery and build it up from there.

A couple hundred bucks will Get Er Dun.

No need to try and troubleshoot a troublesome system with little documentation.

I used to do the same thing installing a car stereo.
I'd bypass the entire OEM stereo. Id start from the battery and do a completely separate stereo installation.

PS,.. I used to go through Kintore on my way home from London to Kitchener.
Way funner ride than the 401 and way less cops.
I'd go over 110 mph, but slow down to the speed limit for the towns, that's where the cops were hanging out.

Ps,.. My 550 Nighthawk didn't have pedals either.
That’s some good advice. I did however manage to figure it out. It was the batteries all along I have ordered some new ones so I should be up and running in a week. I do like the idea of building my own tho I think I might do a small dune buggy. I have a great body from an old power wheels dune racer. I will just need to weld up a frame and add some suspension and proper steering.

Ps. Kintore is a great place to live. I work about 15 mins from here in Thorndale, and I can make it there in 7.5 lol… radar detector and no towns between us 😉 plus it’s 5am and I’m the only one on the road at that time

I don't know if your dirt bike has lithium or SLA batteries, but you might want to consider lithium batteries for your build.
Lithium iron phosphate batteries are a good choice too, but Don't plug an iron battery into a regular li-ion battery charger. They has different voltages.

Screenshot_20230818-154248_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Ps. Kintore is a great place to live. I work about 15 mins from here in Thorndale,

I remember having a VCR that crapped out on me in the late 80's.
There was a sign on the road in Thorndale saying "VCR Repair" so I dropped off my VCR on one trip and picked it up on my next trip.

He got my VCR going again. 😂
I think it cost me $40 for the repair?

Back