Does anyone here "name" their eBikes?

SMeBikers

Region
USA
City
Santa Monica
I just finished assembling and tuning our new bikes and we'll be taking them for a spin today. Right now, they are identical. I was charging the batteries overnight and thought I should keep the battery with the same bike, so I labelled the batteries and the bikes #1 and #2 (the order in which they were assembled). I'm a geek (database analyst).

On other forums, especially car forums, cars have names. Thoughts?

To set up mission control ( Specialized Software) you need to name the bikes. Otherwise it doesn't matter. I name cars and trucks too on occasion.

I label mine.

Attachments

• bigfoot.JPG
    bigfoot.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 170
That works, LOL! We could get both of our regular bikes in the tiny elevator here at the same time. The new eBikes, not so much. Beast #1 and Beast #2? 😸
try it with a tandem. we go light mount biking with it but w have to get off on sharp turns going through gates can't take it with us on the Amtrak bus. just getting it onto a bike stand is a feat.

try it with a tandem. we go light mount biking with it but w have to get off on sharp turns going through gates can't take it with us on the Amtrak bus. just getting it onto a bike stand is a feat.
Interesting that you mention that! We're two blocks from the beach here in SM but there's a really sharp turn to get onto the bridge from the California Incline, over PCH. It was always a pain, even with super light bikes. Haven't tried it yet with the beasts (they'll be 70lbs each with accessories)...

Interesting that you mention that! We're two blocks from the beach here in SM but there's a really sharp turn to get onto the bridge from the California Incline, over PCH. It was always a pain, even with super light bikes. Haven't tried it yet with the beasts (they'll be 70lbs each with accessories)...
I can a fairly sharp turn to the left but I can't do it going right. I finally have given up and put our feet down and do it manually.

I can a fairly sharp turn to the left but I can't do it going right. I finally have given up and put our feet down and do it manually.
Thanks but I didn't mean while riding. It's hard to describe in a post. I'll try to find something on Google Maps or whatever. Even with our light bikes we'd have to dismount and carry them around the turn. I'll post pics if/when we try the California Incline...

2 of my three bikes have names, "Trixie" and "The Betty",eventually my other bike will get a name but with less than 400miles it has not earned one.

2 of my three bikes have names, "Trixie" and "The Betty",eventually my other bike will get a name but with less than 400miles it has not earned one.
I like that, it may take a while!

Right now there's blue painters' tape for which battery goes with which bike...

I´m on my 2nd ebike; the names addressed to the first cannot be posted here. I call the 2nd ´bike´
Too funny! Right now our bikes are identical. We are also both tall so we'll see how it works out. I'm an inch taller or so but it's hard to tell, from a distance...

My last one was Lumbering pig this one's Short work. More of what I think of them when riding than a name though.

Back