Does anyone have suggestions for a better battery?

Does anyone have experience with a battery supplier "Bicycle Motor Works", located in Pennsylvania? Are they credible business?

Does anyone have experience with a battery supplier "Bicycle Motor Works", located in Pennsylvania? Are they credible business?
Never heard of them.
I think I mentioned to you a well known and reliable supplier In Calif., Luna cycles with the Extreamly powerful and sturdy Wolf battery, for around the same prices BMW is advertising.
why take unnecessary risk?

Problem I see with Luna is they are out of stock. I'd like to get the thing running again in the next couple of weeks.

Bicycle Motor Works is run by a guy named Matt Bzura. He has slowly over the years become fairly well known in the DIY ebike community - first for low prices on USA-made batteries, and later as a low price, USA-made seller who has effectively a perfect reputation across the board. I've never heard a negative word said against him.

Which is why I bought first one pack from him, then upon seeing it work really well, bought two more and finally, had him do the custom pack build on my Bullitt. He has a really good source on 21700 cells and if you compare his pack prices to the 18650 packs he sells, you get more bang for your buck for a reason that is inexplicable on its face, but matt has told me its because he has a really good source for them, where with his other cells he's more at the mercy of the market.

He doesn't build a pack until you order it so lead times tend to be a couple of weeks.

EDIT: Looks like I already recommended him in this thread back in June :D

Bicycle Motor Works is run by a guy named Matt Bzura. He has slowly over the years become fairly well known in the DIY ebike community - first for low prices on USA-made batteries, and later as a low price, USA-made seller who has effectively a perfect reputation across the board. I've never heard a negative word said against him.

Which is why I bought first one pack from him, then upon seeing it work really well, bought two more and finally, had him do the custom pack build on my Bullitt. He has a really good source on 21700 cells and if you compare his pack prices to the 18650 packs he sells, you get more bang for your buck for a reason that is inexplicable on its face, but matt has told me its because he has a really good source for them, where with his other cells he's more at the mercy of the market.

He doesn't build a pack until you order it so lead times tend to be a couple of weeks.

EDIT: Looks like I already recommended him in this thread back in June :D
So it's a one man operation?

Wow!. I am really glad to read this. There is a range of online sellers from reputable on one end to absolute garbage scammers at the other end. Having been ripped off once, I'm trying to get more information before I commit to $500-$750 or more. Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with Bicycle Motor Works - grateful, rd

One reseller I help lost THOUSANDS on bum batteries that UPP refused to warranty.

EM3ev for high quality builds not glued cells and cheap BMS like so many China sellers.

So it's a one man operation?
Maybe two? One man does all the customer work and is the owner. And for sure he doesn't build until someone buys. He says that right on his site about lead times. And he's been around consistently for a few years. I have seen his builds inside the ebike community so I know he also does his own bikes. Before I took the plunge and bought my first pack from him I asked around to some other owners who I knew had his packs and everyone was still happy.

One reseller I help lost THOUSANDS on bum batteries that UPP refused to warranty.

EM3ev for high quality builds not glued cells and cheap BMS like so many China sellers.
Thats worth repeating. EM3EV is a China-based seller but they are also a premium provider. I would have no reservations about using one of their packs.

Also, don't forget that whenever someone buys a UPP battery, God kills a kitten.

4568901764_0ce6b6e3c5_b[1].jpg

Thats worth repeating. EM3EV is a China-based seller but they are also a premium provider. I would have no reservations about using one of their packs.

Also, don't forget that whenever someone buys a UPP battery, God kills a kitten.

View attachment 95726

God does NOT kill kittens !
You got it backwards.....dog kills kittens !

Just wanted to give a quick recommendation on EM3EV eventhough they are in china.

I recently ordered a Luna Wolf Pack and EM3EV super shark pack and each took exactly 2 weeks to arrive so dont be turned off by the possibility of a long shipping time with the EM3EV.

Just wanted to give a quick recommendation on EM3EV eventhough they are in china.

I recently ordered a Luna Wolf Pack and EM3EV super shark pack and each took exactly 2 weeks to arrive so dont be turned off by the possibility of a long shipping time with the EM3EV.
Factory run by a Irish expatriate. One look inside and it’s unlike most other makers. CNC holders with cell separation and individually fused. For good measure a sweet BT BMS.
My two oldest batteries still push a couple of 350w motors.

It can take longer but so worth the wait. Replacement BMS are plug and play. No soldering and sufficiently long wires. And Reention poly cases. No crap Hailong with glued cells

New question: I have a charger with the following specs: Input: 100-220V, 2.2A (MAX). Output: 54.6V, 2.0A. Can I use this to charge a 52V 14S battery charging at 59.8V?

New question: I have a charger with the following specs: Input: 100-220V, 2.2A (MAX). Output: 54.6V, 2.0A. Can I use this to charge a 52V 14S battery charging at 59.8V?
You could but you won’t be able to charge to 58.8V the 52V 100% level.

Just to 2nd previous posts, my 48 v 17.5 AH luna battery is going on 3.7 years and working fine. 280 charges maybe? 30% to 85% mostly. He has exited the 48 v market, which is a shame. 52 v batteries are for speed demons. Hill climbers are being forced back to 36 v. I use battery on the 50th to 80th hill of my weekly commute.

What @Timpo said. 54.6v is a 48v battery. 58.8v is a 52v battery. If you want details on why that discrepancy exists, go here

Also at that web site, check out the table of contents and look at the "ultra reliable ebike battery charger" article.

52 v batteries are for speed demons.
I have always considered 52v batteries in 48v systems as merely providing current for the 48v system's sweet spot ("usable volts") for a longer period of time. The added speed provided at the very peak of the charge cycle isn't enough to notice. Especially if you take advantage of the voltage to charge to 55.4v (80%) and call that "full".

Back