Does anyone have suggestions for a better battery?

Why would hill climbers choose 36V? That doesn't make sense to me...
Because US vendors won't sell you a 48 v geared hub motor anymore. Cruise e-bay, scarce as hen's teeth. Electric-bikes.com cancelled my order for a 48v Mac12T in 2018 when he called me up and found southern Indiana had hills. He would have sold it to me if I lived in flat Colombus. He accused me of running a pedi-cab business with my 330 lb gross weight with groceries. I bought the last one Luna had, and now he is out of the hub motor business. Ebikeling that sold me my first 48 v geared hub motor (that wore out the gears ~4500 miles) is now selling only 36 v ones. May have something to do with warrenty returns?

Because US vendors won't sell you a 48 v geared hub motor anymore. Cruise e-bay, scarce as hen's teeth. Electric-bikes.com cancelled my order for a 48v Mac12T in 2018 when he called me up and found southern Indiana had hills. He would have sold it to me if I lived in flat Colombus. He accused me of running a pedi-cab business with my 330 lb gross weight with groceries. I bought the last one Luna had, and now he is out of the hub motor business. Ebikeling that sold me my first 48 v geared hub motor (that wore out the gears ~4500 miles) is now selling only 36 v ones. May have something to do with warrenty returns?
Buy direct from MAC Motors. Get over being worried. Forums are packed with happy buyers.

MAC group buy anyone?

Last edited:
Back