Does anybody have one of these?

steve mercier

if you have one of these (Voltbike Trio )please give me a brief revue of its pros and cons.
1544067496072.png

My local bike dealer (who also sells trikes--Pedego dealer) said he doesn't recommend a trike unless a person absolutely cannot ride a bicycle. They are tippy (so fine if one has flat streets and sidewalks, but not good for various kinds of terrain) and slow (in order to be safe because they are tippy.)

So, if you or the person you are inquiring for can only ride a trike... I'd suggest test-riding ebike tricycles at an ebike store that carries them.

well it looks like nobody has one anyway. This one is all- wheel drive and I was wondering what it would be like in the snow and ice with studded tires.

he doesn't recommend a trike unless a person absolutely cannot ride a bicycle. They are tippy

You're absolutely right. Most trikes are very tippy and are only good for ~10mph speed.

There are very few trikes that can handle well. Bintelli is one... it has an axle that swivels and doesn't tip over.

There is one more that is really well designed. Butchers and Bicycles MK1-E

I just wanted to thank you for calling my attention to the Bintelli tilting trike. I never would have known it existed if it were not for your comment. After researching heavily for 2 months I hadn't encountered it. It doesn't show up on lists of e-trikes and EBR doesn't have any reviews of it. I had seen the Butchers and Bicycle one and drooled, but I I didn't want that much cargo or a tadpole, and even if I did, I don't have $7K to drop on it. So thanks! You were a huge help.

Back