DJI vs Bosch vs Pinion: Unbelievable Difference!!

There are alternate app stores...

You can allegedly get it straight from DJI, but the download never works. Their software is a pain to use anyway - can take forever to get it to fly if you haven't flown in a while. Half the time I lose interest before it gets all caught up.

I dealt with DJI for 6 painful months when I had an issue with a drone. As far as customer service goes they were very difficult to deal with. For this reason alone I probably would never consider buying another one of their products.

I actually had a positive experience over several reps today and finally got the drone issue sorted (I think - haven't tried to fly but could finally install the app and it opened). Took them several hours, but they finally got me there. But - just the possibility of it happening again is a non-starter for me. I don't care how good the bike is. It's totally off my list of maybes because of that experience. No more DJI drones either. Or any products for that matter. I'm going to try something else next time. They should know better than to brick a product and make customers jump through absurd hoops to get it working again.

I dont think an arms race for power is the way forward in legal bikes.
Its just a path towards more restrictions, all it takes is one newspaper article.
If it's just torque that can assist with climbing, I'm all for it.
There are a few roads near me that my 75 nm Bosch motor just cannot handle.

you may need to change your gearing for them. I have done 20% grades on my bosch with 83nm. It's a lot of work but even my fat butt can do it. You have to be able to put out 450 wats to climb that hill.

I agree with fooferdoggie-proper gearing is very important when doing steep climbs.
Also remember that Bosch motors need to spin to produce peak power. This probably holds true for all mid electric motors.

Yep, that’s exactly right. If we’re out for exercise it’s no problem.

If I’m using the e-bike as a car replacement to get somewhere without sweating profusely it would be nice to have more torque.

Back