DIY and Pinarello Dyodo

gentryfunk

I posted this in another forum and am trying it here to see if anyone has any thoughts. I ordered a Dyodo and am planning to change out components from SRAM Force 22 to Campy Record. My biggest concern is the rear ebikemotion x35 hub and the spline I'll need to put on that hub for the Campy group. Too, I've had trouble finding good information on the bottom bracket...I'm assuming I'll need to change out the BB.

Any thoughts you have about that upgrade would be great; I'll post my experiences here with the changes I'm making.

Be well!

Hmmm... I'm confused. You are going to kit the bike? Sorry, I don't get what a BB has to do with a hub motor?

Howdy,

2 separate things to deal with;attaching Record cassette to the hub and the Campy BB at the crank. Those are the two biggest issues I face.

thanks!

Looks from this diagram https://www.ebikemotion.com/web/pdf/Quick-User-Guide-X35-Connection+Mount.pdf like the x35 has a standard splined cassette mount so it should be relatively straightforward to swap out the cassette provided the replacement isn’t significantly wider than the original- best check the measurements before you proceed. The frame diagram doesn’t show a BB torque sensor or any wires coming out of the BB so it should be straightforward to swap out the BB components as well, but check with the manufacturer Mahle how the x35 Pedal assist sensor works, is it an axle strain gauge sensor - it looks like it because on the diagram wire #1 clips into the rear axle, provided it’s nothing to do with the bottom bracket you should be fine.

Curious, what benefits do you hope to get out of changing the drivetrain? I know nothing about road bikes, is it just that’s what you’ve used before and like it?

Last edited:
Hey thanks. It’s all practical for me; I have bikes with Campy and want to stay consistent. Two, I got the gruppo cheap a year ago and have the parts.

The width of the hub combo IS a factor. Ebikemotion says it’s 100mm; does not include the cassette mount. Campy is 130mm including cassette...going to be interesting to see if it will work.

@gentryfunk: any updates on your upgrades? I just got a Dyodo Road myself (thx for taking the time to review yours as it helped me) and I agree, the SRAM Force 22 isn't the best groupset; I'm having shift problems.

I think I'm just too used to Shimano's Di2 electronic shifters on my 'regular' bike.

CJ

Back