DIY 52V battery pack?

Timpo

I saw this forum and got me thinking, is it possible to build your own pack? I've seen DIY videos on YouTube, so I guess it's possible but wondering if anyone else has thought about it.
https://electricbikereview.com/foru...8v-12-8ah-to-the-52v-19-2ah-on-the-ccs.25431/

I know Juiced is selling their own 52V 19.2amp and 21amp batteries, but they're so expensive.
Also, as someone else mentioned, not everyone needs / willing to pay for high capacity.

I've seen Juiced YouTube video and Tora was saying how 52V pack was made in-house by Juiced to achieve the highest capacity on the market.
So they're not using Reention case, it is Juiced original.

But I don't care about the highest capacity of 19.2 or 21amp.
I would like the extra power of 52V, but not interested in the higher capacity, not for the price.
Something like 12 to 15amp would be enough for me.

For the battery case, I found this link. As you can see, they have a selection of Reention Dorado Mini, Pro, Plus & MAX.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.7724838.2017005.4.6e9536d2BffyUB

I think the CC or CCS comes with Reention Dorado Plus case, but apparently they have even bigger one called Dorado MAX.

As you can see, the Dorado MAX kind of stick out to the side because it's wider.
Reention-Dorado-13s4p-48V-11-6AH-Ebike.jpg

Reention-Dorado-Mini-Pro-Plus-36V-17AH.jpg

Last edited:
It's generally not cost effective unless you start building a few packs. There's the $100-250 cost of a spot welder to amortize. You're also not getting a good price on a empty case when you figure they cost $70-90 after shipping.

Then again, you might be comparing $800 batteries to DIY, while I'm looking at $400 batteries.

The standard batteries on the Juiced bikes have a length of 440 mm. Some of those other batteries by Dorado have a length just a little longer like these which are 458 mm.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

That's the battery that comes with the crosscurrent. You can see the other configuration that is 505 mm. You'll find a lot of those in Alibaba with the higher capacity.

I've chatted with a few reps on Alibaba and they always ask about the length of the battery. I told them my length is 440. the options are pretty limited. The highest one I've been offered is 48v 13ah. Which is already what the bike has.

The standard batteries on the Juiced bikes have a length of 440 mm. Some of those other batteries by Dorado have a length just a little longer like these which are 458 mm.

That's the battery that comes with the crosscurrent. You can see the other configuration that is 505 mm. You'll find a lot of those in Alibaba with the higher capacity.

I've chatted with a few reps on Alibaba and they always ask about the length of the battery. I told them my length is 440. the options are pretty limited. The highest one I've been offered is 48v 13ah. Which is already what the bike has.
Juiced designed and manufactures their 52v battery housing themselves in-house, so it's either because nobody else is making one... or nobody else is making one because Juiced manufactures them in-house, thus not giving others access to producing it for themselves. Maybe a mixture of both.

I saw this forum and got me thinking, is it possible to build your own pack? I've seen DIY videos on YouTube, so I guess it's possible but wondering if anyone else has thought about it.
https://electricbikereview.com/foru...8v-12-8ah-to-the-52v-19-2ah-on-the-ccs.25431/

I know Juiced is selling their own 52V 19.2amp and 21amp batteries, but they're so expensive.
Also, as someone else mentioned, not everyone needs / willing to pay for high capacity.

I've seen Juiced YouTube video and Tora was saying how 52V pack was made in-house by Juiced to achieve the highest capacity on the market.
So they're not using Reention case, it is Juiced original.

But I don't care about the highest capacity of 19.2 or 21amp.
I would like the extra power of 52V, but not interested in the higher capacity, not for the price.
Something like 12 to 15amp would be enough for me.

For the battery case, I found this link. As you can see, they have a selection of Reention Dorado Mini, Pro, Plus & MAX.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.7724838.2017005.4.6e9536d2BffyUB

I think the CC or CCS comes with Reention Dorado Plus case, but apparently they have even bigger one called Dorado MAX.

As you can see, the Dorado MAX kind of stick out to the side because it's wider.
Reention-Dorado-13s4p-48V-11-6AH-Ebike.jpg

Reention-Dorado-Mini-Pro-Plus-36V-17AH.jpg
I bought a 48v 17ah battery direct from China for under $300 which was a good enough price for me to buy instead of build. I have only seen I place that had 52v Dorado style batteries though.

They're actually Samsung 18650's.
Samsung makes great batteries but not all versions are appropriate for the loads an dont make sense
China sellers are unscrupulous and I doubt they are A rated Samsung. If it seems to good a deal it likely is. Fakes are as common as sparrows. Sorry....

Samsung makes great batteries but not all versions are appropriate for the loads an dont make sense
China sellers are unscrupulous and I doubt they are A rated Samsung. If it seems to good a deal it likely is. Fakes are as common as sparrows. Sorry....
They've never done me wrong in 3 times, so I won't start thinking they will now.

I sold generic batteries and they performed reasonably well. For the price. Howbaout sharing the source?

Are you guys saying in above posts you have a source for battery packs that will fit/work with the Crosscurrent bikes? Plugnplay with no modifications needed? If so please say so clearly and a link please.

This vendor from Alibaba sells a 52v 17ah by 3500mah cell Dorado style battery. I'm waiting to hear back on the cost, exact size, and shipping, they were recommended to me by another vendor. There's another that has a dorado style ebike battery MAX that is 48v 17.5ah, with Samsung cells, 61*104*460mm dimensions.
Importing right now could cost quite a bit with the tariffs that are in place though.

https://cn1520893666wtzi.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a2700.8443308.0.0.4b7a3e5fUcRYsd

Here are the dimensions for the Dorado Max battery 52v. battery.jpg I need to check if this will fit my bike.

I would think 420mm is the size to check, but either way, it won't fit. The other vendor I spoke with was 460mm so that wouldn't fit either. Sorry.

Could someone post big pictures of the Juiced case, including the base as a separate picture, and some basic measurements in mm.
I get with my battery guy. So many names are used interchangeably by the MARKET.

When measuring a battery like this Reenton Dorado, are these the correct points to measure H and W? The length is 460mm, but I am not sure what points on the battery to measure from to get the height and width.battery size2.0.jpg Do these look like the correct points? Hope it's ok to ask here, everyone has been very helpful and I figured you guys would know for sure.

I bought a 48v 17ah battery direct from China for under $300 which was a good enough price for me to buy instead of build. I have only seen I place that had 52v Dorado style batteries though.
I find that hard to believe as Korean (Samsung/LG) 48V 17.5ah Reention Dorado batteries are going currently for $400+. And since I've been tracking prices for the last 6 months, I haven't seen much change. So can you tell us where from (link?) you bought that battery with Samsung cells and if it's still below $300 (I assume by below $300 you mean $290 or something and not $250 something...)

I was doing some Google research because there seem to be numbers of company that can make custome ebike battery pack.

This company called EMP grabbed my attention because they have 440mm option for 52V 17.5Ah battery with Reention case.

This pack would fit, if it is indeed 440mm.

Looks like they are only offering a 14Ah in 440 now.

Back