Diamondback selling off their ebikes

Jaime B

I just checked the Diamondback Corporate website and they are having a huge sale on their eBikes; looks like they might be selling them off.
Lindau= $1049
Trace EXC= $1199
Overdrive EXC= $1399

I just checked the Diamondback Corporate website and they are having a huge sale on their eBikes; looks like they might be selling them off.
Lindau= $1049
Trace EXC= $1199
Overdrive EXC= $1399

Do you have a link to those prices online?

I own the Trace EXC and have tested the Lindau and both are excellent. If you can find them at that price I'd buy 10 each and add 50% at resell when they are gone. Problem is that DB was/ is selling through Performance Bike and they know nothing about ebikes or how or to whom to sell them. Such a waste if this is true as PB has the perfect alignment of stores and service to be a leader in the ebike market if they wanted to pursue it. Oh well, let REI have the market share then. I guess PB would rather cater to the middle of the road lycra lizards, and much lower than that from what I've seen at my local PB shop. Too bad for such a great opportunity lost.

Lindau= $1049
Trace EXC= $1199
Overdrive EXC= $1399

I just check the DB website and saw no evidence of a "huge" sale on their ebikes. Please provide a link or source to confirm this. Otherwise this is pure BS. Unless these are last year's models that they are discounting. Either way please provide your sources for this information.

Last edited:
Maybe the OP saw some in store at a performance bike shop? They already had them as low as $1,749 for the Overdrive EXC. Come to think of it, they were running their all bikes 20% back in store money coupon on the weekend - 20% back off $1,749 comes to $1,400 - maybe that is what the OP is referring to? Anyway, they've taken the Diamondback electric bikes off their site, probably just limited to in-store inventory. Don't see REI heavily discounting any time soon.

I own the Trace EXC and have tested the Lindau and both are excellent. If you can find them at that price I'd buy 10 each and add 50% at resell when they are gone. Problem is that DB was/ is selling through Performance Bike and they know nothing about ebikes or how or to whom to sell them. Such a waste if this is true as PB has the perfect alignment of stores and service to be a leader in the ebike market if they wanted to pursue it. Oh well, let REI have the market share then. I guess PB would rather cater to the middle of the road lycra lizards, and much lower than that from what I've seen at my local PB shop. Too bad for such a great opportunity lost.
So true

Lindau= $1049
Trace EXC= $1199
Overdrive EXC= $1399
What is this 'Diamonback Corporate website' you speak of? I checked www.diamondback.com and they don't sell ebikes on there. They just link to REI's product listings.

Just Got DB Trace EXC from Performance Bicycle at sale price 1499 so far I love it and Performance Bicycle guys were super helpful link to DB eclectic bikes is dead now on performancebike.com also it does have mounting eyelets on top and bottom had no problem installing a Topeak MTX rack on rear

Just Got DB Trace EXC from Performance Bicycle at sale price 1499 so far I love it and Performance Bicycle guys were super helpful link to DB eclectic bikes is dead now on performancebike.com also it does have mounting eyelets on top and bottom had no problem installing a Topeak MTX rack on rear
Bill - where exactly are the eyelets? Top and bottom of what? In the front and / or the rear of the bike? Getting ready to pull the trigger on buying this bike - $2499 at REI. Any gripes about the bike? Thanks for any input....

I have about 200 miles so far on DB Trace EXC and it has been the super fun to ride and fast. It is now hard to ride my Trek FX non-electric bike as DB fun level is so much higher. No problems so far other than the looks I get from carbon frame bikers as I zip buy them in work clothes. I added an Image so you could see rear rack mounted on rear frame eyelets.
DB Trace Exc.jpg

I think the OP was referring to the DB site for corporate partners. you can see the site at dbcorp.diamondback.com. unfortunately, you have to have an email address from the corporate partner and a one time code.

because retailers discount bikes by so much anyway, usually the partner employee discount is nominal. I ordered a mountain bike for my son and it was maybe $10 cheaper than the Amazon price. I think they're selling off all their 2015 bikes to clear out inventory before 2016 because they dropped prices on everything, not just the ebikes, by another 20% this month.

I just ordered the trace exc in part based on the reviews and posts. thanks so much for this site. there's very little information out on the internet about ebikes.

raj

Well I just came home an hour ago with my new Diamondback Lindau EXC for just $1350.00 plus tax from Performance Bike but what a PAIN. The guy at the finance counter took over an HOUR to figure out how to ring up the sale. Then we get home and the bike has FLAT tires, filthy, and obviously not even wiped off clean in months....battery FLAT DEAD and they left out the needed 24 Volt Fuse! HORRIBLE buying experience but oh how I LOVED the first ride! Now to see if this is a reliable bike...I am disabled so it would mean the WORLD to me if this works out. Just off to a very rocky start. But for the price I just can't complain much:)

Oh and they did NOT inspire any faith when I asked if they service this EBike. He replied they would service ONLY the traditional bicycle parts. ANYTHING electric or related would have to be sent to Currie and NOT "their deal" since they have nothing to do with that "end of things". So expect NO support for Performance Bikes on Ebikes I guess.....

Last edited:
@pAPPY , I'm a bit confused; you must have been working with someone new to have that kind of experience at Performance. Not all of their shops can handle the ebike servicing; however, a number of them do with techs that have gone to the LEVA ebike mechanic training. Maybe call back and ask for the bike dept. manager and ask for more specific help, they need to hear about your experience. Kinda surprised that you didn't inspect the bike before the purchase and asked for it to be prepped before taking home--certainly they would have done that!

Back