Deep Dive on the New Bosch Nyon Display

It seems to be the same base maps but I found the content to be richer than what I had experienced on the smart phone hub. You also have the ability to import routes which I don’t believe it’s a function available on the smart phone hub.

I'm thinking of upgrade from the Purion display I now have on my Cannondale Topstone Lefty 3 to a Nyon display, but the display mount looks really bulky (and ugly).
This might look okay on a commuter bike, with straight bars, but I think it would look out-of-place on a drop bar ebike.

"I know i shouldn't always be in a race like that but that's sometimes how i think"
Love it :)

Impressive progress from Bosch! Makes me think one of the Bosch-powered e-bikes might find place in my stable in some future :)
One might say the display is bulky, yet it provides wealth of information, and -- contrary to a smartphone -- it is constantly powered. The display mount looks sturdy.

Impressive progress from Bosch! Makes me think one of the Bosch-powered e-bikes might find place in my stable in some future :)
One might say the display is bulky, yet it provides wealth of information, and -- contrary to a smartphone -- it is constantly powered. The display mount looks sturdy.
And for example just one of these: https://www.ti.com/product/TPS25750 at USD1.10 per 1000 quantity plus a USB-C socket & a few discrete's away from being the best display with the baddest phone charger to boot :)

What did you want to say? :)
All other Bosch ebike displays except Purion can charge a phone but not the new Nyon. Could have made an existing feature even better with the above kind of electronics i mentioned.
A connection from your big batteries to your phone or other devices you may want to charge on the go.
Having said that though, the new Nyon does look very slick!

Last edited:
We just got a Bosch Nyon display and we did a deep dive on it. I hope you all enjoy it!

Hi Chris,
I assume a Nyon retrofit as an update to Kiox may require a wiring loom change which is perhaps included in the retrofit kit.
If so do you know if there might be an option for an adapter that fits the existing Kiox base and mates with the Nyon. Not sure if any additional conductors might be required so just a thought.
Thanks again for your contributions.
Cheers from downunder.

Just to let folks know that if one gets the display and new Nyon mount separately , and you have a Supernova M99 front light to fit , with the old display mount you could use the Supernova M99 HBM adapter 2021 , description , This aluminum mounting bracket positions the M99 light nicely in front of a Bosch Intuvia or Nyon display. It replaces the lower brackets of the Bosch system......... note this adapter WILL not fit the new Nyon mount .

Last edited:
Back