debating wether to jump to another ebike brand~

Wow Ravi, this is unbelievable. Congrats to you with your record ride! I actually saw you with Court on EBR. I watch all of his videos on a regular basis to get insight on the electric bike biz etc. What an exciting breakthrough in technology that is coming. I wish I could join you tomorrow, but I am a little tied up. It is very nice of you to offer. Perhaps another time. I love E-Bikes!! Thanks!
P.S. I really kike the BULLS bikes with the Brose motors.

Thank you for your kind words.
Perhaps, we could ride together someday.
You're welcome to try any of my bikes. I live on W Harrison St.
I do love Bulls bikes with the Brose motor and especially their new model EVO E-45. I might get one for myself. It is a full-suspension speed pedelec with 650Whr battery.
Bulls E-stream EVO 45.JPG

Hey Ravi, I saw that EVO e-45 on the German site, I assume it is a speed pedelec version? Smart move if they bring that one to the US market!

Last edited:
Chicago firefighter- you have the most complaints I've seen. The likely authority on stromers has invited you to Wisconsin to look things over, you're too busy. If you can't figure out the kickstand, how can you deal with a fire in Chicago? Lenny, Joel, Ravi- if half his complaints are legit. FIX EM!
Prolly riding no handed at 28mph could be dangerous. I learned to ride a unicycle at 6 years old. That would solve 99% of your problems instantly. By 12, I was on dirt bikes- that solved the peddling and need for speed....... Stromer has spent resources to make a dream come thru......
Tawain vs. Swiss mfg........ Likely Tawain quality is better....... Regardless of pay( they might even get paid more). B

I have had more issues than he, I still am a fan of Stromers. I feel Stromer has been responsive to my issues, work w/my local guy for repairs. If my local repairs were not treating me right I would be an unhappy rider. I bought from Lenny through Ravi. I saved enough that if I paid for all labor they guy has done and just received warranty on my parts I would still be at ahead of buying local and receiving completely free service. You must have good local support to make it work thought in my cage it is about 8miles.

I also sympathize w/having spent money on a premium model and having more than your share of issues. I certainly think you should follow upwith this offer , maybe schedule another time

Chicago firefighter- you have the most complaints I've seen. The likely authority on stromers has invited you to Wisconsin to look things over, you're too busy. If you can't figure out the kickstand, how can you deal with a fire in Chicago? Lenny, Joel, Ravi- if half his complaints are legit. FIX EM!
Prolly riding no handed at 28mph could be dangerous. I learned to ride a unicycle at 6 years old. That would solve 99% of your problems instantly. By 12, I was on dirt bikes- that solved the peddling and need for speed....... Stromer has spent resources to make a dream come thru......
Tawain vs. Swiss mfg........ Likely Tawain quality is better....... Regardless of pay( they might even get paid more). B

Ummm... Ravi was inviting Bob Armani, not Chicago firefighter. Harsh...

Ummm... Ravi was inviting Bob Armani, not Chicago firefighter. Harsh...
That's because I invited him to my place the 1st time he had problems and two weeks ago, again asked him if he was available for a Saturday trip and I text him every other day :D

Ravi, I didn't mean harsh that you didn't invite Chicago... I meant what fxr3 said was harsh...

Chicago has made it clear that he is trying to get a rack with which to transport his Stromer before making the trip (in other threads).

Thank you for your kind words.
Perhaps, we could ride together someday.
You're welcome to try any of my bikes. I live on W Harrison St.
I do love Bulls bikes with the Brose motor and especially their new model EVO E-45. I might get one for myself. It is a full-suspension speed pedelec with 650Whr battery.
View attachment 11948
Hi Ravi- Thanks for the invite. That is an awesome machine that Bulls mfg in Germany is making. I have been doing a lot of comparisons and I have to say, that Bulls, Specialized and Felt are my top picks considering sizing and weight. My ultimate goal was to find an e-bike that is the lightest. Bulls has a Carbon fiber, but Barney from Bulls has indicated the availability is not till August of 2017. Which ebikes do you have? My stand over is about a 29 inch inseam (yeah I'm a little guy) LOL! The lakefront bike paths are my favorite also. Not sure if ebikes are allowed though. Take care Ravi and it is always nice chatting.

well I don't have a ebike , but i like motorcycles, well their kind of like ebikes in that you can't test ride most of them , so you take your chances and buy what you thought was a good product, well it does't work out the way you thought, so now your have a expensive machine that your not truly happy with.. well in my case. I chose to make the change to a different bike after a year because I was not happy with the bike all the time, yes i lost a lot of money trading after a year :( 2800 $ that really hurt to lose all that money, but when i'm on the new bike i don't think about it.. sharing this story hurts lot about losing the money, but i was not happy with the other bike.

Ravi That's exactly the e-MTB I'm looking for. The 2017 27.5 Plus is about 3lbs heavier than the old 27.5, and more expensive. I was just thinking of buying the 2016 model, but the E-45 is tempting.

When will it be available? Is it a 27.5, but not plus?

Hi @Rincon ,
This bike will be available sometime in Jan/Feb 2017.
I don't think the rear chain-stay will accept plus sized tires. You can go upto 2.4" max
Here some more photos if you're interested.
If you're going to do more off-roading, then FS 27.5 Plus would be a better choice because of the plus sized tires and 250W motor.
This one has the new Brose speed engine which runs at 350W instead of 250W and will consume more power compared to the ones limited to 20mph.

Thinking about parting ways with my ST2, going with a full suspension urban ebike, maybe Haibike, etc. still doing some research. I’ve been having nothing but issues with the ST2, just recently took it back to get serviced, the front cassette was not aligned properly, rear fender almost came off, when I insert the key into the key lock it doesn’t open the battery compartment, I have to force to turn the key, bad torque sensor replaced, battery charging issues, etc etc.

I love my ST2 but I can’t stand to be in the shop on a monthly basis, or having to call support for issues. For a bike that cost a significant investment, well it should be almost bullet proof. But its not~ Sadly the Stromer was made for the European roads, urban city roads like the one in Chicago are HORRIBLE! So these bikes were not made to handle Chicago, New York, LA etc roads. Also, they should redesigned their bikes and consider upgrading a Stromer with a full suspension, or including the front suspension, and atleast a bodyfloat seat post.

2017 seems like a good year for the ebike industry, way too many manufacturers coming with awesome products. And I am glad that I am working with a bike shop that’s willing to make my transition go smoothly. I’m still not 100% sure about jumping to another brand but if you had the issues that I have experience what would you do?[/QU

Since you are in Chicago, I'm assuming you went to Cozy's for Service. I live in Michigan and have an ST1, My motor burned out after 3000 miles and they installed a new one. Their service is top shelf. They have a tech there whose name is Lad. Maybe he can help you out. As a side note Im getting another bike from Cozy's , an Izip Kumo

Back